Author Topic: Rewind....  (Read 1853 times)

mbarker

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Rewind....
« on: April 27, 2009, 07:21:23 AM »
Aha! That's how we're going to do it? Race along one thread, right to the brink...and rewind, ready to trace another thread? So we've got a month at the circus, a month with King Lota, and a month at the mall to look forward to? All while there's an urgent, drop everything and let's go, something hanging?

Is this anyway to build tension? Reader interest?

YEAH!

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
Re: Rewind....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »
OK, so if I was doing this, I would go from the least intense to the most intense scenario before getting into the main storyline.

Given what we've had so far, it's been entertaining but pretty tame.  That goes along with the "least intense to most intense" idea I had.

Now that Schlock is in the second command, I'm wondering what on Earth they will do to top it in the others!
Nature hates being reified.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:13:15 AM »
Interesting point. Rebuilding the ship -- that's kind of setting/background, fun but ... we did get Tagioalisi introduced. Then we've got Schlock and the circus, which promises to be amusing and potentially explosive. Back to Credomar? That seems innocent enough? Although... what are they building? And then there is the mall cops, which could be a riot, but ... maybe a wave design? Fill in with the docks, hit a high point with Schlock and the Circus, drop back and regroup with Credomar Engineering 201, and then have a blast on the shopping trip to the Mall of the Universe? Hum... something to think about.

Incidentally, do you think Schlock will get a costume, or perhaps just a paint job, as part of his act? I mean, grey is okay, but Schlock with racing stripes would be great!

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 04:49:49 PM »
Interesting point. Rebuilding the ship -- that's kind of setting/background, fun but ... we did get Tagioalisi introduced.
That, and we got the ship rebuilt smaller.  Background information, amusing and useful for a transition, but not what I'm hoping for from the circus.
Then we've got Schlock and the circus, which promises to be amusing and potentially explosive.
I just want to know what the clowns were doing, exactly.
Back to Credomar? That seems innocent enough? Although... what are they building?
Famous last words.  I think the question mark is completely justified.
And then there is the mall cops, which could be a riot, but ... maybe a wave design? Fill in with the docks, hit a high point with Schlock and the Circus, drop back and regroup with Credomar Engineering 201, and then have a blast on the shopping trip to the Mall of the Universe? Hum... something to think about.
It sounds like fun either way.  You just know that the shopping trip is going to go wahooni-shaped, though.
Incidentally, do you think Schlock will get a costume, or perhaps just a paint job, as part of his act? I mean, grey is okay, but Schlock with racing stripes would be great!
Yeah.  I think a flame decal would be best, though.
Nature hates being reified.