Author Topic: Fable 2 Released  (Read 6700 times)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Fable 2 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 08:19:29 AM »
I must be the only person who doesn't like sports games (with very few exceptions, like Mario Kart, etc games like that).

At this point I'm torn between buying Fable 2 or Fallout 3.  ???

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »
I don't have Fable 2, but Fallout 3 feels like the Game of the Year right now. Just an amazing experience for me thus far, and I'm not even halfway through the game (I think...?)

So, if you're going to spend money, and have to get one game... I think the game should be Fallout 3. Especially if you're into post-apocalyptic stories and RPG-FPS. I've already put twenty hours into it, and like I said, only about halfway through.

Granted, I take my sweet time getting from place to place; I like exploring.

Fable 2 will have to wait for my attention. :(
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »
And now comes the day when I must purchase a 360.  ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 09:38:48 PM »
I have yet to finish the story line in Fable II. I have spent alot of time on the side missions and building my character and properties. For me it may not be the best game ever but I have enjoyed every second of it. I do not look forward to finishing the game but I did play Fable I far after I finished the story line and the expansion story line.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

ajw

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 05:55:08 AM »
Ok folks, big question here! Should I wait until Fable II comes out for the PC (Lionshead obviously do some touchup work on the PC version) or should I run out now and get it for the 360. Also, I heard that they might not make it for the PC but other sources say that Lionshead will be making it for the PC. Is it another 360 exclusive or is that just a gimmick to get more sales? Any external links can and will help! I've looked into but I haven't found anything definitive.

Thanks,
~AJW~
Carpe Nocturne - Cause we don't sleep

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 12:36:48 AM »
Alright, well I for one do not know if it will ever be available for PC. I do however know that the game is fun and engaging and worth a buy. My only issue with it is the main story line is kinda short and with all the side quests the main quests seem kinda short. Also the game is too easy. I mean If I can beat it in a couple of days, max my characters abilities and such then where is the fun?

ajw

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 04:51:02 AM »
Haha, I guess the fun comes from playing it over and over. Sometimes you can be a good guy, other times you can be bad. Sometimes you can get married, and other times you can be a widowmaker. I think I'll purchase it once I save the money up for it. Then if it does come out for the PC I'll just talk one of my friends into buying it and then jack it off them :D
Carpe Nocturne - Cause we don't sleep

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
That is a great plan. I for one am a fan of jacking games off of friends. I often put off buying a game only to end up just borrowing it from a friend later on.

CSmythe

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 06:12:59 PM »
I realize this thread was all but dead but I figured since I finally got around to playing Fable II I would chime in. At the start I found this game really slow, not a ton of involvement in with the main story since I had heard that like its predecessor if you just did the main quest you could finish it mighty quickly. I found that pretty frustrating right off the hop, but once I embraced the idea of just running constant sidequests and trying to keep my wife (wives) happy it became a whole different experience. All in all I have had a great time with it, even if the main story really isn't the point of playing the game.

Has anyone picked up the Knothole Island expansion, and if so what did you think of it? It is only about $8 so if it is fun I might grab it.

zach

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 01:57:40 AM »
the game is a pretty good game but i haven't beat it yet I'm hopeing to. i think ill make one char. Evil and one good