Author Topic: review: Battle for Terra  (Read 2093 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: review: Battle for Terra
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 04:57:42 AM »
Venus is actually in the habitable zone, The problem with it is not its proximity to the sun but the atmosphere that's already there and the planet's oddball rotation. Still, if you screw up Earth in an ecological disaster, it's probably easier to fix Earth than it is to terraform Venus.

I don't think I'll see this movie in the theater, what with everything else cool coming out. The trailer and the review don't make it look like anything special.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: review: Battle for Terra
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 05:06:23 PM »
I was watching a documentary a while back that said that we could have Mars livable within 50 years.  Those 50 years being allotted to create an atmosphere that would make it warm enough and breathable for animals and plants.

EDIT:  Ha ha.  Where do I get 'Survive'?  I want to see it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 05:09:07 PM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。