Author Topic: NaNoWriMo?  (Read 26895 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: NaNoWriMo?
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »
So....turns out I won't be doing NaNo after all. School all of a sudden just got super-crazy for me, and if I were to do NaNo, there is a very good chance I would fail my Geology class. I'm still probably going to fail it, but...yeah. I don't want to think about that yet....

I will probably still write a bit, but I'm not shooting for the 50k. I can't afford to sacrifice school in favor of writing...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »
I was just wanting to jump on to say good luck to everyone who's perticipating, and I hope to see everyone with a shinny "award" at the end!
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2009, 12:53:59 AM »
Good luck to everyone who's already started writing. I will join you... sometime after I've finished my homework.

::)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2009, 03:13:15 AM »
I've gotten off to a good start. I'm over 7,500 words so far today.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2009, 03:39:48 AM »
I've gotten off to a good start. I'm over 7,500 words so far today.
Lucky. :P  I had unexpected company over today and now I can't seem to get my brain in gear.  Total word count so far?  Zero.  I may have to settle for uninteresting plot advancing summary.  Blegh. :P
A crown does not a King make, nor the lack of one a commoner.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2009, 03:52:06 AM »
Holy cow!  Go 42!  That is awesome!  What's your total writing goal?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2009, 04:10:04 AM »
I'm not sure what my writing goal is right now. I just have to write a lot today because I have to work at my paying job the next four days. That will cut into my writing time a lot.

I have a feeling that I need to write a lot this month since I outlined my novel at 19 chapters and I'm only a chapter and half into it at 8,000 words currently.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2009, 06:00:07 AM »
Total word count so far?  Zero.  I may have to settle for uninteresting plot advancing summary.  Blegh. :P

Same here :P

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2009, 08:38:30 PM »
Blech.  Yesterday was my brother's (and my sister's, oddly, since they aren't twins) birthday, and so I couldn't really write, and today I feel really sick, so I can't really focus.  <rolls back over to sleep>
Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

stridera

• Level 6
  • Fantasy Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Strider's Realm
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2009, 01:12:53 AM »
I'm at ... duh duh daaaaaa.. 100 words!  (oooooohhhhh)

After World Fantasy (Parties until 3am, wake up at 9am to get to a panel by 10) I was pretty dead come sunday night.  I tried to write... but ended up going to bed instead.

But... I feel MUCH better today, so I'll see if I can make up for yesterday once I get off of work.
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
  - Orson Welles

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2009, 02:51:45 AM »
Grinding through the writing. My characters have gained a new level of sass tonight.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2009, 03:29:13 AM »
Grinding through the writing. My characters have gained a new level of sass tonight.

Yeah, see... I wish I could do sass right now.  I'm pretty much stuck with getting it down and worrying about making it funny/amusing/interesting/gripping later.  I doesn't help that I'm trying to pick up in the middle of a story I haven't touched in almost a year.  And changing POV's at the same time.  Good luck everyone who's behind!  I'm trying to catch up myself.

Coffee!  Hot Chocolate!  Caffienated beverages all around! ;D
A crown does not a King make, nor the lack of one a commoner.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2009, 05:08:55 AM »
Yeah, I just decided spur of the moment to try NaNoWriMo this year. I just started a novel yesterday, actually, without realizing it was NaNoWriMo, so that works out perfectly. Should be interesting.

I'm Andrew the Great there. Any of you are more than welcome to add me.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2009, 06:17:42 AM »

Yeah, see... I wish I could do sass right now.  I'm pretty much stuck with getting it down and worrying about making it funny/amusing/interesting/gripping later.  I doesn't help that I'm trying to pick up in the middle of a story I haven't touched in almost a year.  And changing POV's at the same time.  Good luck everyone who's behind!  I'm trying to catch up myself.

Coffee!  Hot Chocolate!  Caffienated beverages all around! ;D

I've been up since 4am this morning since I had an early desk shift. Caffeine is all I'm running on!

This scene is working out so fantastically fluidly, it makes me love having objectives for scenes. "Oh, reveal this and that." I'm not worrying about where it's going to appear, but there have been golden opportunities for this. It's wonderful.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2009, 06:54:33 AM »
Andrew, I can't find you. Could you find your profile and give a link pretty please?
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie