Author Topic: NaNoWriMo?  (Read 26889 times)

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
Re: NaNoWriMo?
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2009, 06:44:23 AM »
Mmmyep. It actually pulled something similarly ludicrous last year (and I did finish last year) and knocked out 25,000 words on the last day.

Actually, I suppose that's about what I did yesterday too, since by the time I went to bed on Sunday I only had 11,000ish. Hm.

I just wish more of it was actually stuff that would end up being productive. Most it was outline and backstory (though very detailed outline). I think most of the actual scenes I did end up writing probably won't end up in the book, except perhaps as flashbacks (one scene I may be able to squeeze in early). I wrote them anyway because, uhh, I was sick of doing outlining and world building.

Ahem. No, I wrote them because I needed a way to make the characters accessible to me; they're all pretty far outside of my experience. So, I suppose writing all that stuff was productive. It's just kinda discouraging to think that most of it won't actually end up in the thing itself.

Ah well. That's the way the game works, I suppose.

RavenstarRHJF

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2009, 12:38:21 AM »
But it will end up in the actual book- just indirectly. ;)
A crown does not a King make, nor the lack of one a commoner.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2009, 11:18:56 PM »
Are we going to get awards for finishing this year, like we did last year, or has that gone out the window?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2009, 02:09:03 AM »
You should be able to get yours on the NaNo page. I've already claimed mine. I think the specific page is called something like "I wrote a novel: what next?" or something like that.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2009, 02:12:33 AM »
No, I meant here on the forum.  If you look next to my name you'll see a 2008 award.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2009, 04:56:45 AM »

You'd probably have to talk to Dan or Jordan about that Mi'ch.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2009, 02:18:03 AM »
Ah. Got it. That's pretty awesome.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence