Author Topic: NaNoWriMo?  (Read 26893 times)

stridera

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Fantasy Programmer
    • View Profile
    • Strider's Realm
Re: NaNoWriMo?
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2009, 03:44:31 AM »
The NaNo site is down. Can't update my word count. I'm at 36,865 words right now. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped I would over the weekend.

*cough*Show off*cough*
Now we sit through Shakespeare in order to recognize the quotations.
  - Orson Welles

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2009, 03:53:49 AM »
No kidding, 42, holy crapmonkeys. (Fortunately, I do have a lot more than 42 words written ;) )
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2009, 01:24:50 PM »
I'm doing well, I'll admit it. I wasn't doing this well last year. Though I am writing fewer than a 1000 words per hour (actually probably around 500 words/hour). I'm just putting in a lot of hours.

If I didn't have to work, I might have hit the 50k mark already.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »
Bah!!!  I'm 420 words short of the half way point, and almost 13k shy of being on par to hit 100k (which is now what I'm shooting for since I can totally do it.)

Also, here's some fun wallpapers I found if anyone wants them.  (I got them by typing nanowrimo into the google image search and making it display only large images.)

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/277/5/0/Nanowrimo_Calendar_2009_by_leftnwrite08.jpg
http://davidseven.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/nanowrimo_calendar_2009_by_rayviathae.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3228/nanowrimo2.jpg(This is the one I'm using.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:25:22 AM by firstMidnightGhost »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2009, 01:25:41 AM »
For anyone feeling unhappy with where their wordcount is at, would it make you feel better or worse if I pointed out that my wordcount is currently a big fat zero?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2009, 03:57:58 AM »
For anyone feeling unhappy with where their wordcount is at, would it make you feel better or worse if I pointed out that my wordcount is currently a big fat zero?

No :P

In order to get over my deficit, I have to write some 14000 words this weekend. That's at least three chapters. Holy crap.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2009, 04:02:11 AM »
I have to write 22,0000. :P

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »
I am having issues focusing to write this chapter.  It's going to be great because I get to kill one of my bad guy's minions (who, really, REALLY needs to die too.) and it's going to be tons of fun writing a couple of the others pissed off.  Yet, I can't focus to write it... *pout*
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm now 14,000 words behind, according to all of those lovely calendars. But I'm moving in the right direction. 6,000 words two days ago (2,000 of which had to be scrapped later for reasons which cannot be stated. It really pained me to get rid of words, though), and  4,000 yesterday. Total wordcount of 11,332. So I'm where I should have been at the end of week 1. Yay!
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »
I hate you, Andrew :P

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2009, 12:20:25 AM »
If it's any comfort, I'm having real trouble getting the chapter I'm working on right now to work right. At all. Besides, you've got to be relatively close to where I am, right? You did, after all, say that you were around 14,000 words behind.

Also, I didn't say they were 6,000/4,000 good words. Frankly, some of them really really sucked, and I'm pretty sure that the entire second chapter of my book came out sounding like an infodump.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2009, 04:42:23 AM »
I probably should have posted this on Saturday, but I hit 50k words then. I'm trying to reach 60k right now and hopefully will hit somewhere between 80-90k before the end of the month. Unfortunately, my motivation is waning now.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2009, 05:17:47 AM »
I hate you. I'm still at 20,000.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »
I"ve had issues focusing, so my word count has pretty much been dead in the water the last few days.  It's not a good thing.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2009, 06:58:12 AM »
Managed to close my deficit to within 10,000 words today, finally! I'm pretty much psyched. If I get in some good writing over the weekend, I might manage to gain another 3 or 4 thousand on it, too, which would be amazing.