Author Topic: Progress and Submission Reports  (Read 59057 times)

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
Re: Progress and Submission Reports
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »
Progress...  I got my RE inbox down to four unread emails?

Hey, same here! Only I recently reinstalled Windows and all the other unread submissions are still backed up somewhere...

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2009, 11:20:10 PM »
I solved a main problem with my next two chapters, but in doing so, Act Two completely changes.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

LongTimeUnderdog

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2009, 12:23:06 AM »
Oh don't feel bad.  I started adjusting time lines to make things fit better, and thusly double the book size.

Dark_Prophecy

• Level 4
  • Sweep Sweep Sweep, all day long!
    • View Profile
    • The Intelli-Gent Reviews
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »
Started Editing the first two chapters of Part Time Angel based on the feedback it received (thanks again, than was amazingly helpful!).

I need someone with a good head for numbers to help me figure out a percentage of people in the world that would be affected by certain combinations of calendar dates. If there's anyone out there that would like to help, PM me and I'll give you the lowdown on the story behind the story problem :P
I like basketball, hanging out with my friends, reading, slamming a garbage can into a pimp or two with magical heavenly powers. You know, teenager stuff.

Dark_Prophecy

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2010, 12:54:25 PM »
Created a new prologue for Part Time Angel, and edited chapters 3 and 4 so that they'd jive with the new story. I'm going for a world where an organization from the time of christ has special powers and tries to do the will of god by receiving prophecy that points them to the people they need to help, rather than a group that works for god directly. They could be misguided, or have their own agenda. I felt the story would go over better with this, rather than an organization directly under god. Of course, you have to read my submission for that to make ANY sense.

On the Deathday Magic front, I still need someone who's a number cruncher to help me out with some math for the novel. I don't really NEED this information, but it'd still be nice to know.
I like basketball, hanging out with my friends, reading, slamming a garbage can into a pimp or two with magical heavenly powers. You know, teenager stuff.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2010, 08:11:01 PM »
Congratulations.

I, uh, read some stuff and wrote about 500 words for my honour's thesis?

Hey, it's writing! It's not, you know... fiction... but it counts, yes? :P

Dark_Prophecy

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »
This week: Nothing. Not a word written. I've spent the week mostly trying to focus on eating healthier and doing better with portion control. I'm a fat man, and I've gotta lose some weight so I can stick around this old world for a while. I've also spent a fair amount of time reading The Lies of Locke Lamora, which I love.

The commentary from the group has been fantastic on Part Time Angel. I've got to admit it's bummed me out a little, just seeing how many things I have to work on. Gotta get back into the writing before I really lose focus.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »
I wrote a 600 word short story on Thursday night...

Yeah, don't get fixated on all the things you have to work on right now. Personally, I never let myself edit before I'm done a draft, unless the problem is so huge that I feel I absolutely cannot go forward. It's a draft, it doesn't have to be perfect. The critiques will make your future writing better and once you've got the draft laid out, you can go back and fix the rest of it. :)

That's what works for me, anyways...

Dark_Prophecy

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2010, 12:44:55 PM »
Good advice.

This week, I finally figured out a little bit of where I want to go with Part Time Angel. I was struggling to find what I felt was a believable motivation for my villain, but NBC and the whole Conan and Jay scandal finally gave me the ideas I needed. It feels good, so I'm going with it. YAY, I can finally move forward!

I also discovered YWriter, a nifty little piece of software. I like it because it lets me keep all my stuff in one place, and has some nice features to remind me what I'm doing and where I'm going. I tried it a long time ago, didn't like it. But now it's at version 5.0 and it's matured quite a bit.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »
So I thought of this horrible, horrible thing I could do in the climax of Rebirth. I'm a cruel, cruel man. It changes quite a lot, and I have no flippin' clue how it is going to happen.

But I might just do it.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2010, 01:59:59 AM »
Oh, I hope you do. Of course, it's partially my goal for lawless for all of you to hate at least part of my ending. Of course, that would entail me writing more than about 10 words a day......

It's really kind of sad. I haven't finished a chapter in more than a month. And that might be ok if I were struggling with writing it, or if I didn't know what was going to happen, but it's one of my favorite characters to write, and I now have the entire plot outlined (though of course, that will probably last for about 3 chapters until I change my mind and come up with something amazing that results in my rewriting the entire rest of my book. But I digress.....

I am determined to finish Chapter 4 of Lawless by the end of the night, and I'll try to get at least one review cranked out, but we'll see how that goes.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »
I wote a pome.  ;D

I may not be very good at poetry, but the muses kissed me, so I cut back on sleep and rhymed instead.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
I just sent Dalrymple, the King, and the Future off to Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show (or OSCIGMS, as the cool kids say). :o My fingers are crossed, but I'm trying very hard to keep my expectations low. My hopes, on the other hand...If you don't have hope then what do you have, right?
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2010, 06:14:51 PM »
Best of luck.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »
Today's progress...  I joined this site and wrote an introductory post. Currently thinking about an idea I had for a magic system, and wondering, yet again, if I want to redesign the world map. Also thinking of ordering a pizza.

...I've only been awake about three hours...
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?