Local Authors > Reading Excuses

Progress and Submission Reports

<< < (2/65) > >>

Bookstore Guy:

--- Quote ---So, in the meantime, another story attacked. I've written the first chapter in what I am calling a "modern mystery/thriller with fantastical elements" 

--- End quote ---

You should use the term "Urban Fantasy." It is a genre that sells well.

Frog:
Good stuff everyone. I like the updates.

Well, I am still working on editing my eternal project (Queen's). It's not going anywhere fast, but I keep hoping for some major breakthroughs to tie it together once and for all.... yeah, hasn't happened yet, but I can dream. :(

Got another few story ideas floating around that I have been writing sections for, but nothing too exciting yet. Kind of hoping I can get an ending and an outline together on them first so I don't end up with another Queen's type mess, but it is very slow going and has put me a bit behind in critiques. I will try to catch up soon though. :D

Reaves:

--- Quote from: Used to be an Important Bookstore Guy on April 27, 2009, 04:05:46 PM ---
--- Quote ---So, in the meantime, another story attacked. I've written the first chapter in what I am calling a "modern mystery/thriller with fantastical elements" 

--- End quote ---

You should use the term "Urban Fantasy." It is a genre that sells well.

--- End quote ---

I suppose technically I could. However, to me urban fantasy connotates vampires and werewolves and a hidden society of faeries. There is quite literally almost no fantasy in the story I've got in mind, certainly not of the faery variety.

RavenstarRHJF:
Blegh.  Been swamped with other things lately, so I haven't done much writing at all.  Or critiquing for that matter.  Instead I've been world building for Junction, as well as working on characters and plot outline for last years NaNo book.  Tell you what, listening to Writing Excuses has been invaluable lately...

Silk:
Despite the perception of it, I think urban fantasy's a lot broader than just vampires, werewolves, and faeries. I'd say you're fine.

Also, urban fantasy is less of a mouthful. :P

Apparently I've written 1487 words so far today.

Hm. It's now 3:10pm and my novel totals 112,182 words. I'll report back in a while and see how far I've gotten :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version