Local Authors > Reading Excuses

Progress and Submission Reports

<< < (65/65)

Renoard:
I've had a lot going on. My dad got very ill, and I was one of two full time caregivers. Previously I had been part time mostly offering adult daycare etcetera. But he had a fall and was severely abused while in hospital. We caught it an pulled him out so we could care for him at home, but not before the damage was unrecoverable. He passed on a few weeks ago and I've been decompressing. In the middle of this my laptop that I use as my main home computer died an unnatural death and I have been trying to rebuild my life from scraps left hither and yon.

I submitted my first novel El Shaddu over the threshold at a major publisher and when I didn't hear back from then within the time they allot for that, I resubmitted with a free-lance acquisitions editor at another house.

In all that I finished a short story set in the world on my novel El Shaddu. It's not ready for PG audiences, a bit violent etc.

And I've written 30% of a new novel (the rest is in outline format).

Started a new blog about the foibles of trying to get published.

I've also written a couple of short "faerie tales." I maintain that real people have fantasy lives. Just because characters live in a fantasy world doesn't mean they won't fantasize themselves, so I have written these tales from the perspective of the characters in my new novel. It helps me characterize them more strongly and the tales aren't a bad read from our perspective either.

Chaos:
Hey guys and gals. Here's my progress report: I'm alive! Isn't that thrilling? Apologies for my absence. I'm busy with schoolwork, doing 17th Shard and its Mistborn RP. Wee, fan fiction.

On my novel's front, Rebirth has become my honors thesis, which means I'll actually have to complete it now. It's fairly exciting stuff! My new outline is making the book much more solid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version