Local Authors > Reading Excuses

Progress and Submission Reports

(1/65) > >>

ryos:
I find that sharing my progress on a project helps motivate me to work on it, so I'm making this thread as a place for any who desire to report on their progress. I also want to be able to keep up with how we, as a writing group, are doing on submitting and *gasp* selling stories, and hope others will join me in reporting that, too.

I have no idea if this will catch on, but it seems like a good idea at the moment.

ryos:
Today, I made some edits to Sea of Sand. Working on the ending now. Man, it really is full of suck. I had no idea while I was writing it just how awful it really is. You guys were too kind with your critiques.

I vow to never again write at 5 AM, self-imposed deadline or no.

Silk:
I actually think a thread like this is a really good idea. But, should it be upstairs at the Writing Group forum? Yays and nays, anyone?

Anyway. I'm doing pretty poorly so far for today. Only about 800 words on my novel so far. I blame work.

Going to go write until I pass out from exhaustion now. And hopefully actually get something done this time.

Chaos:
In my wholesome opinion, this topic should stay in Reading Excuses, as it pertains specifically to this writing group, not TWG in general.

I am midway through Fateless's rewrite. It may be a bit late (late monday, early tuesday) because of my slowness in writing. And a horde of Japanese and physics homework waiting for me tomorrow, which I have completely ignored up until now.

Ideally, if this draft is good, I may do another, less extensive draft. The eventual goal is to send this to Writers of the Future.

Reaves:

--- Quote from: Chaos2651 on April 27, 2009, 08:31:59 AM ---In my wholesome opinion, this topic should stay in Reading Excuses, as it pertains specifically to this writing group, not TWG in general.

--- End quote ---
Agreed.

--- Quote from: Chaos2651 on April 27, 2009, 08:31:59 AM ---It may be a bit late (late monday, early tuesday) because of my slowness in writing. And a horde of Japanese and physics homework waiting for me tomorrow, which I have completely ignored up until now.

--- End quote ---
Good, good! We need more like you!

--- Quote from: Chaos2651 on April 27, 2009, 08:31:59 AM ---Ideally, if this draft is good, I may do another, less extensive draft. The eventual goal is to send this to Writers of the Future.

--- End quote ---
absolutely go for it. Let us know what happens, of course!

I had been stuck for a week or two on where to go next for Crystalheart. I knew what needed to happen, I just wasn't sure how to get from point A to point B. Now I know what to do, I just don't know how to make it work.
So, in the meantime, another story attacked. I've written the first chapter in what I am calling a "modern mystery/thriller with fantastical elements"  :P  I think my plan is to be outlining that and working on Crystalheart at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version