Author Topic: Writing excuses at C2E2? A hopeful fan makes plea number three  (Read 2915 times)

AGrey

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
I'll preface this by stating that i have sent emails to Brandon (through his website) and Howard (found his email address on his website), but was unable to find an email address for Dan.

So here's the basic premise: I love Writing Excuses, Brandon's books, Howard's comics, and am waiting with bated breath for the day i can finally get my hands on a copy of 'I am not a Serial Killer'

I live in Chicago IL, and a few weeks ago, I attended the pre-launch party of the first ever Chicago Comics and Entertainment Expo (C2E2), which included a focus group where, among other things, the people running the con asked us who we wanted to see there.  I, of course, mentioned Writing Excuses. (Also Brandon Sanderson specifically)

They seemed rather receptive to the idea, because they are hoping that this con (by far the largest in the region) will open to more than just comic books:  with booths featuring both video and tabletop gaming, and even a rumored booth for TOR books.

Now that I made by plea at their end, I am here to make it to you directly:  bring Writing Excuses to Chicago!

I don't care if they ask you to come, if you ask them to invite you, or if you meet somewhere in the middle, I just want to see a live panel with WE.

C2E2 is slated for mid-April 2010.

Their website can be found here:
http://www.chicagocomicandentertainmentexpo.com/
The company running C2E2 also runs the NY Comic Con:
http://www.nycomiccon.com/
My old account demented_yam is on the Warbreaker acknowledgments page.  Awesome.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Writing excuses at C2E2? A hopeful fan makes plea number three
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »
Wow. I'd certainly be up for it, and by April 2010 I'd even have a US book to sell. We'll definitely look into it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

AGrey

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:12:25 AM »
*Does geeky fan-dance*  ;D

Great to hear it!
My old account demented_yam is on the Warbreaker acknowledgments page.  Awesome.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »
So is this open to everyone or only if you receive an invitation?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »
Anyone can go to the convention if you pay to register. Being on panels would only be by invitation.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

AGrey

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 04:27:41 AM »
Being on panels would only be by invitation.

I'm sure that they have a list of people they intend on inviting, but i'm willing to bet that if an author expressed an interest in speaking, they'd extend an invitation.

note that I am, in no way, affiliated with C2E2.  the most i can do is recommend to them that they invite you, and recommend you to ask them.