Author Topic: Korean Music  (Read 3286 times)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Korean Music
« on: April 23, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »
So, I've learned a few things about Korean Music:
1.  While all the stuff I was finding 5 years ago was crappy Ballad-y stuff, alot more of the popular newer stuff sounds a lot like JPop.  It's generally not original, but at least it sounds good.
2.  The very best Korean artists (such as BoA and DBSK) sing in Japanese and Chinese as well.  This is not true of the best Japanese and Chinese artists.
3.  Koreans like inventing English words and using them to title their songs/albums.  Examples:  Toucholic, Rainism, Mirotic, Mollaing (몰라ing), etc.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Rezo

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Korean Music
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:39:50 PM »
Well, if you're into this, could you by any chance say what's the name of this track?
http://giker127.wrzuta.pl/audio/0r2kWBsKTNz/korean_rap

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:45:20 AM »
Nope.  Korean music really isn't a specialty of mine.  Just something I listened to a bit of.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

sortitus

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »
Sounds kinda like Outsider, Korea's fastest speed rapper (one of the top in the world). I don't listen to him, but it really sounds a lot like what I've heard of him with just a touch of Drunken Tiger mixed in. Then again, whoever this is doesn't go very fast in this song, and I assume that Outsider does that in every song as a signature move. I'll look up some of the lyrics and see if I can't come up with something more definite.

EDIT: Just checked Outsider. The voice is definitely different. I will keep searching.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:19:12 PM by sortitus »
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie