little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Chuck
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:37:29 PM »
Who watches Chuck? And who watched last night's episode? Cuz it was AWESOME! Oh my gosh. I'm not going to post any spoilers (yet) but...wow. Simply wow. Next week's will be epic, I tell you.

Also, is this the last season? It's an awesome show so I hope it's not getting canceled, but I'm not sure how it'll work plot-wise if there's another season...Anyone know?
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chuck
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:36:24 AM »
I've never been a big fan, but I did catch the last two episodes. And yeah, I was pretty impressed.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 02:48:28 AM »
Okay dad's cure really needs to be a temporary reprieve that isn't permanent.  Otherwise that was a really weak ending.  I liked the episode, but it would not suffice as the end of the series.  And Chuck minus flashes is kind of sad.  Hope he goes back and finishes his grad work.  though in the mean time they could at least work more Geek Squad  oops I mean Nerd Herd calls into the action. :)
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:58:39 PM »
Since the whole show is based on him being the intersect, I am fairly certain he won't be "free" for long.  In fact, there is one more episode this year, and unless they are so sure it will be canceled that they are finishing it, Chuck will most likely get his abilities back.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »
My husband and I have been watching Chuck from the beginning, and we both loved this week's episode, even though we kept saying to each other, "Where in the world can they go from here?"  It certainly did look like a wrap-up to me, although I faintly remember thinking the same thing at the end of last season, when it looked like the General was about to get the new computer intersect up and running.  So I'm sure they'll think of something.  I hope so anyway - I'd be sad if there were no more Chuck.
He ate my horse.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 04:32:27 PM »
I would also be upset, especially if the can it to make room Jay Leno can have his primetime show.  How long do you think that will last?  What a terrible idea!

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 12:39:07 AM »
I'd hate for it to be canceled. It's a fantastic show! I'm sad that I'm going to miss the finale. Yeah, my family will DVR it, but still. I'm missing 2 finales for this trip--Chuck and Heroes....but I guess I can't really complain. I mean, I'm going to Europe. It's dumb to complain about missing a tv show in light of trip like this...::)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 05:48:05 PM »
Chuck will most likely get his abilities back.

You called it, Darx!  At least, I think you did.  I can't be quite sure if he got the intersect back in his head, PLUS awesome new kung-fu abilities, or if he just got the kung-fu this time.  But either way, it certainly looks like they left it open for another season of Chuck.  Yay!
He ate my horse.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 01:12:30 AM »
That was an awesome finish, but...

My only thought is, "they made Chuck too powerful." His incompetence at the physical aspect of spying was a huge part of the show. I'm thinking the Kung-Fu flashes won't be reliable or controllable.

I wish he could have gained more abilities gradually, through training and effort, but I guess this works too. :)
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 07:52:24 PM »
Come on!  If he learned them gradually he wouldn't have been able to say the "I know Kung Fu" Matrix reference.  Of course, it would be nice if he has both of his hands covered in cold packs during the next episode.  sudden talent drilled into your brain doesn't give you the physical conditioning, so he should be one hurtin' unit once the adrenalin goes down.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 09:14:11 PM »
I'm kind of sad that Morgan & Anna seem to be finished.  And I agree with Ryos that Chuck can't suddenly be physically invincible like Casey and Sarah.  It seems like the next season (if there is one) will be very different, with no Morgan, no Buy More, and no physical incompetence from Chuck.  Where will they take the story next, and how can it possibly still be as good?
He ate my horse.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 09:29:19 AM »
Chucks mind hasn't toughened.  All the superpowered Taijuitsu in the world won't make him less of a geek.  Also misfires, with him suddenly going Ninja at inappropriate movements holds loads of potential.  His degree from Stanford was government jiggery pokery,  he needs to do some real study to have the chops to compete with Dad's super science.  Campus life, even as a TA would provide him with a great cover identity and put him in place to spot potential Baddies.  Maybe a Rhodes scholarship to send him to London/Oxford.  That puts Europe only a train ride away. . .  Besides, then he'd have that MI-6 agent messing with his woman.

Chuck in the IT dept of a major Corp battling ignorant suits (MBAs) by day and killer suits (baddies) by night.

Lot's of potential with Chuck, that the Best Buy, Geek Squad set was holding him back from.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 10:25:57 PM »
Morgan and Anna didn't break up, they are supposedly going to Hawaii together.  As for his Stanford degree, he was very close to graduating when he was booted out for cheating, so he didn't have far to go.  It will take a lot more than Stanford to catch up to his father anyway.  I don't think the Buymore story arc is complete yet.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 10:41:07 PM »
We had gotten 10 episodes behind on Chuck due to various trips, and finally watched the last two episodes last night. I loved it. The show just got better and better. If this has to be the end, I don't think it could have had any better ending.

I do think they were setting up to get rid of the Buy More in any future season. That was a big standing set and probably very expensive to keep up--plus all those cast members. Future Chuck could be more mobile, like the A-Team. Maybe it wouldn't be the same show we've come to love, but that has really run its course. It is time for Chuck to learn for real how to be a spy. I'm sure the show runners will find a way to make it just as entertaining if they're given the chance.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 09:21:16 PM »
for any who dont know, this was officially renewed. one of the few times TV hasnt let me down.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/