Author Topic: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****  (Read 335595 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Ruin is stronger than preservation because part of preservation is missing, it was the price to give birth to the sentience of man. However i doubt that this becomes a problem for Sazed he will stay at the fulcrum.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Eleaneth

• Level 3
    • View Profile
If Brandon writes a second series, it'll be really interesting to see how Sazed uses the power and if he'll let anyone have access to the God Metals. Do you think anyone will ever actually plot against Sazed? So far as we know, his only weaknesses are that metal blinds him and that he can't read minds. Otherwise, he'd be nearly omnipotent.
"Yes," Elend said softly. "The law allows for you to change your vote, Lord Habren. You may only do so once, and must do so before the winner is declared. Everyone else has the same opportunity."
-- The Well of Ascension

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
If Brandon writes a second series, it'll be really interesting to see how Sazed uses the power and if he'll let anyone have access to the God Metals. Do you think anyone will ever actually plot against Sazed? So far as we know, his only weaknesses are that metal blinds him and that he can't read minds. Otherwise, he'd be nearly omnipotent.

Given that Ruin, half the power Sazed has, was brought down only by Preservation, his other half, I seriously doubt there is squat that regular humans could do to him.
Nature hates being reified.

Kane

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Well, I just registered here, but this looks like a good place for a first post. Brandon Sanderson is an awesome writer! I can't wait for him to write a Mistborn Trilogy sequel series.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
You're going to be waiting a while. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
Trust Ooky to shut down the new kid.  ::)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Kane

• Level 1
    • View Profile
It's okay. I know I'll be waiting a while. But, I bet it'll be worth every second of the wait.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
Eh. Maybe half the seconds.

;D jk, of course
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
I have another question. I haveben re-reading the Final Empire, and it seems to me that in the beginning of the series the Inquisitors are much stronger than a Mistborn, but in HoA, we learn that through Hemalurgic decay, they are actually weaker than a Mistborn, they just have healing. So does healing make up for the Hemalurgic decay? Or is it just experience/special training from Lord Ruler? 
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
They're stronger than a mistborn in the one attribute they were allomancers in beforehand. Or, if they were mistborn already, they are stronger than a mistborn in everything. I'm guessing it's a combination of those factors and more training.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Also don't forget about the savant theory.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Not to mention they could have repeated spikes...and in HoA the inquisitor's have slain keepers for their strength to add to the healing and speed they already had
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
I think the real advantage the inquisitors had was largely the feruchemical enhancements.  These powers were completely unknown to mistborn and could be played for an extremely large tactical surprise.
Nature hates being reified.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
And even if they were known, they'd still be hard to counter.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
Not hard enough for Kelsier   8)
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?