Author Topic: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****  (Read 335899 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****
« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2008, 07:12:35 PM »
At first, I thought that those who ended up as Seers were going to be Mistborn. And I still think that Preservation would've planned for some people to be Mistborn from the Mistsickness, so it makes sense if those who died would've been the Mistborn.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

leiftinspace

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****
« Reply #646 on: December 22, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »
I had a thought about the two new allomantic metals on the poster, Cadmium and Cerrobend. Would using Cadmium, in essence, allow you to move faster than other people in a similar manner to a Feruchemist who is tapping their Speed? Likewise, would Cerrobend make you move slower than everyone else as time would pass more quickly for you? If I understood this right, it would suck to be a Cerrobend Misting in a battle (although it would be handy to use while waiting for AMoL to come out!)
"Stupid fat hobbit! You ruins it!"

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 22, 2008, 09:48:25 PM »
I had a thought about the two new allomantic metals on the poster, Cadmium and Cerrobend. Would using Cadmium, in essence, allow you to move faster than other people in a similar manner to a Feruchemist who is tapping their Speed? Likewise, would Cerrobend make you move slower than everyone else as time would pass more quickly for you? If I understood this right, it would suck to be a Cerrobend Misting in a battle (although it would be handy to use while waiting for AMoL to come out!)
No, i dont think so, a cerrobent misting would probably move the same speed, but everyone else in the bubble would move slower, enabling the misting to defeat his nearby enemies with ease. Cadmium, however, might allow you to move faster, along with other mistings/allies in the bubble, giving a boost to them as well as yourself. They could be countered by each other, if the bubbles "overlap", making everything in the overlapped space move normally.
And i would use cadmium while waiting for AMoL, i havent read the rest of the books.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 22, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »
Is it time to remove "Includes Q&A w/ Brandon" from the title of this thread?  It's beginning to feel more and more misleading.

Then again, I'm still bitter that EUOL ignored all my excellent suggestions on page 46 of the Warbreaker thread.  (Hey, I THOUGHT he was still looking for feedback - that's what it said in the Warbreaker draft I read!)

I always seem to be just a little too late to get in on the promised author-fan interaction.    :(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:12:51 PM by Ding Dong SarahG on High »
He ate my horse.

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 22, 2008, 10:08:54 PM »
hey, i'm kind of dissapointed he hasn't been on the thread lately, but he's probably busy with AMoL

leiftinspace

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 23, 2008, 05:34:18 PM »
Is it time to remove "Includes Q&A w/ Brandon" from the title of this thread?  It's beginning to feel more and more misleading.

Then again, I'm still bitter that EUOL ignored all my excellent suggestions on page 46 of the Warbreaker thread.  (Hey, I THOUGHT he was still looking for feedback - that's what it said in the Warbreaker draft I read!)

I always seem to be just a little too late to get in on the promised author-fan interaction.    :(

Maybe instead of eating your horse, he ate your thread (LOL)  ;D

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 23, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »
Yes, that's probably what happened.   :)
He ate my horse.

leiftinspace

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 23, 2008, 05:52:39 PM »
No, i dont think so, a cerrobent misting would probably move the same speed, but everyone else in the bubble would move slower, enabling the misting to defeat his nearby enemies with ease. Cadmium, however, might allow you to move faster, along with other mistings/allies in the bubble, giving a boost to them as well as yourself. They could be countered by each other, if the bubbles "overlap", making everything in the overlapped space move normally.
And i would use cadmium while waiting for AMoL, i havent read the rest of the books.

to quote Johnny Depp, "Now you're not making any sense at all." Why would cerrobend only make the other people inside the bubble move slower, but not the person burning, while cadmium would affect everyone? It doesn't add up. No offense, but I think my theory makes more sense.

Dan0504

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 25, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »
Hey this is my first post and I'm not sure where to post it. I am also not sure if this has been talked about already, but this question has been killing me since finishing HoA. Who are the men that fall out of preservation and ruins mists. Are they people who have taken the power previously? ( if i remember correctly..The man of small stature, prominent nose, and dark hair..and the red headed guy Sazed dose not recoginize)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 01:40:18 PM by Dan0504 »
Just finished Hero of Ages...WOW!!!

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #654 on: December 29, 2008, 03:45:09 PM »
At first, I thought that those who ended up as Seers were going to be Mistborn. And I still think that Preservation would've planned for some people to be Mistborn from the Mistsickness, so it makes sense if those who died would've been the Mistborn.

Yeah, I was POSSITIVE that those who were sick the longest were going to be Mistborn. I was wrong, but I didn't mind :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 29, 2008, 04:05:25 PM »

If there are questions Brandon hasn't answered in some fashion or another in this thread (RAFO counts as a valid answer :P), feel free to send me a list of them, and I'll get them to Brandon. Sometimes it's easier for him to take a look at a single email full of questions than to wade through a long thread. I would do it myself, but my 2-month-old doesn't like to hang out in front of the computer as much as I do, and he makes typing difficult at the moment!  But if someone is willing to compile a list of questions he's missed seeing, I'll make sure it gets to him quickly.

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon*
« Reply #656 on: December 29, 2008, 07:30:19 PM »
Hey this is my first post and I'm not sure where to post it. I am also not sure if this has been talked about already, but this question has been killing me since finishing HoA. Who are the men that fall out of preservation and ruins mists. Are they people who have taken the power previously? ( if i remember correctly..The man of small stature, prominent nose, and dark hair..and the red headed guy Sazed dose not recoginize)

It has been mentioned previously in this thread. Mostly, it's a Read And Find Out (RAFO)

Dount Cooku

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 29, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »
I would do it myself, but my 2-month-old doesn't like to hang out in front of the computer as much as I do, and he makes typing difficult at the moment!

And it only gets harder as they get older and do like to hang out in front of the computer as much as you.  For me, my kids have moved from wanting to drool on the keyboard, to wanting to bang on the keyboard, to wanting to use the keyboard to go to their favorite web sites. ;)

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 29, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »
I would do it myself, but my 2-month-old doesn't like to hang out in front of the computer as much as I do, and he makes typing difficult at the moment!

And it only gets harder as they get older and do like to hang out in front of the computer as much as you.  For me, my kids have moved from wanting to drool on the keyboard, to wanting to bang on the keyboard, to wanting to use the keyboard to go to their favorite web sites. ;)

I have 3 computers in the house and still find it difficult to schedule time in front of the keyboard. Between the wife and ebay, the 11 year old and the MMORPGs and the 3 year old and Webkinz/Playhouse Disney, I barely am able to muscle my way in!

Palarran

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 30, 2008, 06:01:12 AM »
Just finished the book the other day, and I'll echo everyone else and say it was fantastic.  It was very pleasant to read a fantasy series that was relatively concise and had a satisfying ending.  The theology seemed to be heavily influenced by LDS thinking, but you write what you know--I didn't think that it was ineffective or inappropriate.  It definitely was one of my more enjoyable reads.

I do have a few comments and questions, mostly about Marsh:

1.  Holy cow, but did Marsh have it rough.  I mean, yeah, everyone had a tough time with the world coming to an end and all, but this man takes the cake.  Literally living through hell for the past four years, and being a prisoner in his own mind for the past two--and still having the willpower to influence events for the good when the time comes.  Vin, Elend, Kelsier, and the rest of the crew definitely deserve major accolades for saving the world when it seemed all but impossible, but  in my opinion, Marsh deserves the highest recognition several times over for going above and beyond.  This man truly did the impossible that made everything else possible.

2.  Going along with that, I'm surprised that after Vin destroyed herself along with Ruin that he didn't immediately suicide the instant that he regained full control over himself.  So I guess the question is: did he regain full control after Ruin died?  If he did, why didn't he immediately kill himself, as that seems to have been his fondest wish for about the past two years?

3.  Whether or not he regained control of himself, I assume that he and Sazed had a long conversation after Sazed's ascension.  What was said in general/specific?  If I was Marsh, Sazed would have to be a pretty fast talker to convince me to want to carry on after all I'd been through.

Thanks again Brandon for the good times.  I look forward to many years of enjoying your books.