Author Topic: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****  (Read 335613 times)

Roader

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Does the plutonium misting create nuclear explosions?     Or just glow in the dark?    ;D

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
Re: ***SPOLIERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon*
« Reply #331 on: October 28, 2008, 05:49:44 PM »
I just thought; since the metals are the same for each magic system, Vin should have had Sazed checking if he could use his Feruchemy on the different alloys (this would be in WoA, since in by HoA he's not in the same area as her much and isn't using his Feruchemy). Then we could have unlocked more feruchemical powers as well as allomancy.

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
Does the plutonium misting create nuclear explosions?     Or just glow in the dark?    ;D

Or die.

:P

Or, do you?  Remember, 'there's always another secret.'
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile
There's always another secret...

I wonder if being an Iron Misting would make one anemic.

Maybe in the next triology, the "modern" one, we'll be seeing Mistings popping Centrum knockoff tablets - after all, it SAYS "From A to Zinc".  Certainly more efficient than downing little vials of alcohol and metal filings all the time.  Centrum Allomancer tablets...that would rock.  My roomate and I would love to see them actually make these things for our entertainment.

Hamster

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Hey, new comer here, I loved HOA, and all of brandon's stuff, it's by far the most original and enjoyable fantasty I've read in a while.
EUOL, I do have a few questions about Kelsier in book 1

1.  Did Kelsier have a tiny bit of metal in him that allowed Ruin to slightly influence him, because a lot of things he did helped out ruin ,like trying to kill the lord ruler, and he had an obsession with killing nobles, etc

2. I can't remember this exactly, but I think that Kelsier left the crew written instructions/clues, or something knowing he would die, did Ruin alter this at all?
3. And could you reveal any more about what the number 16 means?? or is going to be rafo?

moridin11

• Level 1
    • View Profile
FAntastic book! Best one in the series and it had a great ending...but there is one thing i dont understand...the earring that was in vin.  The way i understand it is that the spikes in people gave them their extra power, hence vin had greater power and could pierce copperclouds. So my question is how did she get this power? It supposedly came from vin's mom using vin's mistborn sister (of course it was guided by ruin) and killed her with a spike that drove through vin as well? Since I dont remember vin having any metal sticking out of her then was it the earring that somehow killed vin's sister and gave her the power??? In the book it always said the scene was very bloody and messy when reen found her and i find it hard to believe that the earring caused that?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake

Maybe in the next triology, the "modern" one, we'll be seeing Mistings popping Centrum knockoff tablets - after all, it SAYS "From A to Zinc".  Certainly more efficient than downing little vials of alcohol and metal filings all the time.  Centrum Allomancer tablets...that would rock.  My roomate and I would love to see them actually make these things for our entertainment.

Lol... All I can think about is "Centrum for Allomancers" now. That would be a hilarious commercial to watch. And we can't forget the special "Centrum Silver for Allomancers: Not completely useless!" pills, too.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Imagine the market for sports drinks. Or actually, I'm really interested in allomancer sports—they could be better than quidditch.

Hemalurgy doping for the olympics? Can't compete? Just steal someone else's power!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Mellington the loony Gold Misting

• Level 5
  • Hoid's deranged yet cute stalker
    • View Profile

Lol... All I can think about is "Centrum for Allomancers" now. That would be a hilarious commercial to watch. And we can't forget the special "Centrum Silver for Allomancers: Not completely useless!" pills, too.

You see!  My roomie and I were just discussing Centrum Silver and how this would put it in a different light.

I wonder if B.S. would actually make Allomancer tailored multivitamins in another trilogy - seems like a modern solution to the problem of getting metals in you quickly and efficiently.

Now I've got to go make a fake advertisement for the product...and figure out where to post it.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:19:01 AM by MellingtonBoots »

Epsilon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
As for Vin's horseshoe trick, I think it's less a matter of "no one else thought of it" as opposed to "no one else could DO it."  Vin, remember, had amazing and incredible precision with her steel-pushes and pulls.  (Part of this would likely have come from the fact that she grew up as a thief.  Remember, other Mistborn came from noble families and had no need to develop the subtler skills in their youth.  And a large part of it would also be because Vin is, well... Vin!)  As for the horseshoe trick, Elend was able to do it, but mainly because he was taught specifically by Vin, who had mastered it, and even then, he still had trouble, I believe.

Interesting idea, but I don't quite buy it.  Perhaps most Mistborn couldn't manage that, but do you really think Kelsier wouldn't have been able to figure it out?  I don't believe that.  He's an extremely clever man whose expertise is Pushing and Pulling.  The way he whipped loose pieces of metal around him when facing that final Inquisitor in The Final Empire demonstrates his skill.

Perhaps Kelsier actually knew about it and used it when he went to destroy the Pits?  But then why wouldn't he share it with Vin?  He shared just about everything else with her.  Plus, he would have used it when he and Vin went to the rebels hideout in record time.  He knew pewter-dragging was dangerous.  Why would he do it if he knew it was unnecessary?  The only reasons I can see are plot devices (such as excuse to explain pewter dragging).  Anyway, I'm not trying to poke holes in the universe.  I'd just like to understand the reasoning behind it.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Imagine the market for sports drinks. Or actually, I'm really interested in allomancer sports—they could be better than quidditch.

Hemalurgy doping for the olympics? Can't compete? Just steal someone else's power!

Actually, I was thinking about that earlier, and I've kind of come up with something.  It's basically basketball combined with football, but only with coinshots and lurchers.  There's a team of each misting for each side.  The ball would be a metal, and the point would be to have the metal ball being pushed by one team towards the goal posts (a hoop like basketball) with the lurchers trying to keep the ball from going in.  If the ball falls to the ground, then the team possession changes.  (Maybe each team could be made up of like five of each.)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2008, 07:31:21 AM »
With a metal ball? That's just asking for somebody to die. Prolly some random child walking by, since they seem to have basketball magnets in their heads already...

fbd

• Level 1
    • View Profile
And that would lead to hat tricks, and I'd be happy.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
Does the plutonium misting create nuclear explosions? Or just glow in the dark? ;D

Neither.  However, if they were ever to reach 88 miles per hour....... ;)
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2008, 04:08:03 PM »

If there were to be a continuation for Mistborn, i could see there being allomantic sports--but only years after rebuilding. Since survival won't be so hard the people might have the luxury of boredom which would lead to the creation of sports...
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"