Author Topic: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****  (Read 334723 times)

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
Well, dang.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

zarepath

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Hoid took it, didn't he?

musicman99

• Level 1
    • View Profile
hey did anyone catch in "the hope of elantris" that one of the aons mentioned was "Ati"?

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
I didn't, but given our current understanding of the Cosmere, that doesn't seem likely to be relevant.  Unless all Aons are named after people with shards, in which case the number of shards would simply be astronomical. (Lots of Aons y'know.)
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
Besides, Leras wouldn't fit as an Aon. They all end in vowels, I believe.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****
« Reply #950 on: February 01, 2010, 10:21:10 AM »

I would like to raise the question as to how Lerasium is formed?

I reread that scene not too long ago.  If you remember correctly it was on a round piece of pottery.  Would it then stand to reason that Preservation's power condenses itself on this clay and the forms at the center where it is drawn for some reason?

>>'  Just a random thought I had a while back.

The Lerasium nugget was in the clay disc, not on it. :) Vin had to break the disc.

hey did anyone catch in "the hope of elantris" that one of the aons mentioned was "Ati"?

I asked about this, but Peter says that there's no relation. ETA: Ati in Hope of Elantris was probably named before Ati in Mistborn, or Brandon just accidentally reused it.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****
« Reply #951 on: February 01, 2010, 08:11:18 PM »
They're also pronounced differently. The aon is pronounced "A tie." The ati in "atium" is "A tee."
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

musicman99

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 02, 2010, 08:42:23 PM »

I asked about this, but Peter says that there's no relation. ETA: Ati in Hope of Elantris was probably named before Ati in Mistborn, or Brandon just accidentally reused it.

I just thought that Ati might have been an elantrian...but oh well.

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 06, 2010, 05:24:37 AM »
Hoid took it, didn't he?

Maybe Sazed took it to give to Spook. After all, Ati had to spike Spook to give him pewter, so the powers of Ruin and Preservation can't just throw the ability to be Mistings/Mistborn anywhere they feel like it.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 06, 2010, 05:39:37 AM »
Ah, but the goal with Spook was to get a spike in him, not to give him pewter.  Ati/Ruin cared a lot more about having influence over Spook than about what powers Spook had.  Plus, that was Ruin, and Allomancy is Preservation's power.  Ruin being unable or unwilling to grant Allomancy directly has little bearing on whether Preservation can do it, and Sazed had both powers when he made Spook a mistborn.

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 08, 2010, 09:30:22 AM »

Random stab of the missing lerasium, taking into consideration that RAFO literally means Read and Find Out.

Middle Mistborn series- Hero about to lose, best friend dying, so Sazed (as Shard) tells hero where Lerasium is. Hero either:
A. Burns it, making himself mistborn, or
B. Makes it into a spike (though I don't think there's enough to make a very big spike), thus killing his dying friend, and making himself powerful enough to defeat the killer Mistborn

</Crazy theory>

I have a question that probably only Peter can answer: What is the melting point of Lerasium? Aproximately?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 08, 2010, 04:09:59 PM »
Um, I have no reason to know that, if Brandon has even decided.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 10, 2010, 12:18:25 AM »
Does Brandon even have a plan on writing the second Mistborn books? Doesn't he have like seventeen books he wants to get done before he goes back to that?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon*
« Reply #958 on: February 10, 2010, 12:33:38 AM »
Does Brandon even have a plan on writing the second Mistborn books? Doesn't he have like seventeen books he wants to get done before he goes back to that?

That is correct. Also, he said he needs to wait for the right story to come together. He is interested about them, but does not want to simply capitalize on the Mistborn series.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 10, 2010, 06:52:19 AM »
Wait- nix my crazy theory.
Sazed says in one of the headers that " I don't know why TLR left a bead. Maybe he was afraid he was going to run out of power, etc." Something like that.