Author Topic: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****  (Read 334744 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
5. doubt it, before lerasium was introduced mistings existed (Alendi was a seeker) but no mistborn or someone who could use more than 1 metal
6. lerasium grants the use of all the powers to anyone who burns it, or doubles the power if a mistborn does
8. the spike steals the soul, twist it, and transplants it into whatever granting abilities and with the kandra sentience
9. I'd put money on only Spook, mistborn die out over the following millenia
10. The Lord Ruler did
12. Nope, however if you had an additional power of brass or zinc you may
13. Well they don't arch...it's strictly linear so doubtful
14. A. Probably B. Lerasium alloys makes mistings... Atium would be interesting
16. why did you skip 16?
17. Speed and strength were given with healing, but he was more powerful in feruchemy and allomancy b/c spiking involves a lost of power, and he is an original mistborn and a natural feruchemist.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
10. The Lord Ruler did

The original question was:

10. If Hemalurgy is of Ruin and Larasium is of Preservation, would someone who's been spiked be able to burn Larasium at all?

I would like to point out the fact that the Lord Ruler never did such a thing. He ate aerasium very soon after the Ascension (because when he held the Power, he understood what lerasium did), thus making him Mistborn. He was not spiked until after this point. There is no evidence which says that the Lord Ruler actually burned another bead of the lerasium.

Thus, the Lord Ruler was never spiked at the same time he consumed lerasium. The conjecture stands.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon*
« Reply #932 on: January 21, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »
Atium can copy anything huh?  I like that!  But that begs the question, which of the other metals specifically steals temporal abilities?  It could be any of the four, since none of them have been Hemalurgically defined yet.

Well, I based that on a couple of things Brandon said before.  He said that in the future, due to genetic mingling, Feruchemy would break down into, essentially, mistings.  He also said that it would be possible for someone to have both a Feruchemical and Allomantic power, thus providing a precedent for having two abilities.

I don't see how it arching would imply either a gravitational or magnetically based pull.

Oh, I think 16 was a question I found the answer to while reading.

Well, I don't know about strength, but at the beginning of HOA Vin specifically notices the speed as a new thing.

I was under the impression that TLR never used Larasium at all and simply gained Allomancy from using the Well.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon*
« Reply #933 on: January 21, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »

I was under the impression that TLR never used Larasium at all and simply gained Allomancy from using the Well.

This is not entirely accurate. At the end of MB1, Vin assumes the power the Lord Ruler seized at the Well was Allomancy. However, when Vin took the power at the Well (and giving lerasium to Elend), she did not have the raw force that Elend, lerasium-infused, had. Allomancy comes from the beads of Preservation. Leras simply placed those beads at the Well of Ascension.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile

I would like to raise the question as to how Lerasium is formed?

I reread that scene not too long ago.  If you remember correctly it was on a round piece of pottery.  Would it then stand to reason that Preservation's power condenses itself on this clay and the forms at the center where it is drawn for some reason?

>>'  Just a random thought I had a while back.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
My eyes are burning... I'm not gonna read that.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
My eyes are burning... I'm not gonna read that.

Yellow hurts.  >:(
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
I was wondering if i was the only one with a problem over the color.
Magnetism and electricity arch....it's why when the sun "sparks" it follows a predetermined path.
And how do we know he wasn't spiked until afterward? Alendi was.... did he pose as Alendi after taking the power and that is the reason for the spikes or what?
Kel says inquisitors are faster/ stronger than other allomancers, now if you stacked abilities (like double pewter or feruchemical) would that do anything?
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
And how do we know he wasn't spiked until afterward? Alendi was.... did he pose as Alendi after taking the power and that is the reason for the spikes or what?

Because Ruin didn't notice Rashek until he killed Alendi...

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
It's actually orange, but, yeah, sorry.

I think that stacking Pewter would increase your speed, just not as much as Feruchemical Steel would, but that all depends on the amount of stored speed.

The "piercings of the Hero" I think are a reference to Sazed's Keeper earring-holes.  Alendi probably got his pierced because he thought he was the Hero and that was something the Hero was supposed to do.  Rashek would already have these as a Feruchemist.  I think Brandon said that the Atium bracers that Rashek wore functioned as his Hemalurgic spikes since they went through his skin.  He did this so that a normal Allomancer wouldn't be able to take his vital thing from him.

Just because the majority of the Well's energies ran out quickly doesn't mean that he wasn't any different afterwards.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Trust us...we're in the know (kinda sorta.... Peter most definately is) he was different only in the fact that he was atuned to the mist, like Vin.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
So there were actually eleven pieces of Larasium at the Well?  One for him, one for each of the original nine Allomancers, and the one Elend used.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
And at least one more.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
And at least one more.
Oh?  Please tell us, if at all possible, where this went.  *pulls out clipboard to take notes*

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
RAFO.