Author Topic: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****  (Read 335602 times)

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****
« Reply #735 on: February 04, 2009, 05:15:10 AM »
doesnt not look anything like Mistborn to me, more like Xmen maybe, with a bit of Jumper thrown in for good measure. Telekenesis has been the subject of movies and books for a very very long time.

melbatoast

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon****
« Reply #736 on: February 05, 2009, 12:04:49 AM »
There was already a thread about this and it got moved somewhere else.
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

Ararana

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon*
« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2009, 06:31:58 PM »
I haven't looked around much, since I'm on a mobile, but Mr. Sanderson (or anyone who knows) did you have Sazed planned to be the Hero of Ages from the beginning or was that something that fell into place while you were writing?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 12, 2009, 02:06:05 AM »
He planned that from the beginning; read the first chapter header of the first chapter of Mistborn. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #739 on: February 12, 2009, 03:49:02 AM »
Wow....That's interesting. I was confused what you meant for a second, but then I skipped back from Chapter 1's epigraph to the Prologue epigraph...Very cool.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 12, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
Yes, if I remember correctly Brandon mentioned early on that if someone carefully read the epigraph and thought about it really hard they would know who the Hero was.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 13, 2009, 12:47:40 AM »
Sorry, I forgot it was on the prologue. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #742 on: February 13, 2009, 04:35:46 AM »
And some people on the forum, as I remember, did have the theory that the "on his arms" thing meant Feruchemy. I called it silly.

Oh, how wrong I was... hahaha.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 13, 2009, 05:04:07 AM »
And some people on the forum, as I remember, did have the theory that the "on his arms" thing meant Feruchemy. I called it silly.

We were all wrong about at least 2 dozen theories.  xD  I mean there we just SO FEW theories that we came up with.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #744 on: February 14, 2009, 09:00:57 AM »

We were all wrong about at least 2 dozen theories.  xD  I mean there we just SO FEW theories that we came up with.

"So few theories that turned out to be RIGHT" would be a better phrasing of that one. There were plenty of theories :P
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 14, 2009, 04:27:29 PM »
Ooops, I forgot my [/sarcasm] tag. xD
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
Re: ***SPOILERS Official Hero of Ages Spoilers Thread. Includes Q&A w/Brandon*
« Reply #746 on: February 14, 2009, 05:38:27 PM »
I still think Mist burning should be a Hemalurgical ability. I mean, IT JUST MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!!!!
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 15, 2009, 02:24:03 AM »
I would have preferred Breeze being omnipotent, i mean what a world that would be!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 15, 2009, 02:45:54 AM »
I would have preferred Breeze being omnipotent, i mean what a world that would be!
I'd give it a week before the entirety of the world would be blithering slaves bowing at his feet. lol.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #749 on: February 15, 2009, 06:59:47 AM »
I'd give it a week before the entirety of the world would be blithering slaves bowing at his feet. lol.

Not only that, but the look of the world would be entirely different....I mean, Breeze definitely has style. Therefore, the world would probably be red...Maybe.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."