Author Topic: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours  (Read 112277 times)

Renoard

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
Re: Grumpiness in New, Seasonal Flavours
« Reply #765 on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:09 PM »
I find the cure for allergies is to surround yourself with a better class of pollen.

Elite, academic pollen is quite superior.  Chaparrell works for me.

:P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:28:41 PM by Renoard »
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #766 on: May 09, 2010, 08:57:04 AM »
Duly noted. :P

Nosebleeds suck. The end.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #767 on: July 16, 2010, 06:22:48 AM »
I work at a food place, and occasionally I am the delivery driver. Tonight, I arrived at work and my boss told me we had two timed deliveries. One for 6:30, one for 10:30. We normally close shop at 10, but oh well. Each delivery is $130, so I can understand staying open a little later. He tells me I'll get $15 in tips for each one, because that's what he was told.

For the first, I got $5. For the later one, I arrived slightly early, and was made to wait 20 minutes. And got no tip....So I went in tonight thinking I'd walk out with at least $30 in tips, and I made $14--calculating in 4 non-related deliveries. Some nights, I hate my job.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #768 on: July 17, 2010, 12:44:14 AM »
I hate businesses that are so stingy that employees depend on tips, a grotesque form of bribery.  Either pay employees a decent wage and do away with tipping or just hire them as commission only, straight 10% off the ticket.  *shudder* I'd hate to eat at the Radio-Shack equivalent of a restaurant.  Imagine having the waiter trying to argue you out of your favorite Veau Boef in favor of the (more expensive) Filet Mignon, or lobster. 

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 17, 2010, 01:32:52 AM »

On a related note: I lost my job today. :(
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #770 on: July 18, 2010, 01:56:34 AM »
Sorry to hear that Cris. Was it a layoff or were they angry with you for something?

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 18, 2010, 05:26:31 AM »

It was like they had to get rid of someone and I was the only male. xD

It's OK though I already have another job.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 20, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
I have to find an apartment and a full time job b/c i have a month to move out due to "Frequent back-talking".
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 24, 2010, 05:34:08 AM »
Nosebleeds suck. The end

Agree.  I used to get them every other day.  Literally.  For a while it was at LEAST once a week.  Now I'm on a several months nosebleed free!  I think it helps that this summer saskatchewan decided to be humid and tropical instead of pushing summer back until september like it did last yeaer.

Is it normal  for it to rain every day for short periods of time on and off on the prairie?  I like rain, but...  It's kind of freaking me out.  Like we're gonna turn back into an inland sea or something.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #774 on: July 24, 2010, 07:21:02 AM »
Oh hey, I didn't know you were a fellow Canadian. Cool! (I live in BC.)

Sounds like we have the exact same problem--heck, I remember a couple of weeks during one summer where I was having SEVERAL (very minor ones) a day. Usually it's very, very dry here in the summers and so I spent a disproportianate amount of time, err, how to put this delicately, gushing. >>;  It's been raining an awful lot this summer, though, so I haven't had a nosebleed since... well... probably when I posted that complaint. :P

Chris: So not only did they lay you off, they're practicing gender discrimination? :/

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 24, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »

Yeah, but in Idaho it's impossible to prove because we are a "right-to-work" state.  Therefore they can fire you just because they felt like firing someone.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #776 on: July 24, 2010, 02:51:06 PM »
Alternatively, I wish they would fire me from my new job. You'd think that being a night auditor at a hotel would be awesome. After all, that's what Brandon did to get published.

Less enthralling is the endless laundry to fold. Forever. And ever.

I think I'm going to try and withdraw some money from college savings, simply so I don't have to work this semester. Sigh.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 24, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
I highly doubt Brandon was folding laundry. However, it does seem like an efficient use of a night auditor's time.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #778 on: July 24, 2010, 11:40:57 PM »
I highly doubt Brandon was folding laundry. However, it does seem like an efficient use of a night auditor's time.

I'll need to ask him the next time I meet him :P Because if I could spend that time folding laundry (all of it) on writing, I would be so much happier. But, there's so much laundry to fold--it has to be done, and it's next to impossible to complete--it's stressful. Instead of getting cool ideas, my brain just turns off.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #779 on: August 03, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »
I'm grumpy because I have a sharp pain in my upper back when I take a deep breath. This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to take many deep breaths, but for some reason, it feels like I'm not getting enough air. So I'm yawning. A lot. And you know that feeling you get when you yawn that it's sufficed the air intake? Yeah, that doesn't happen most of the time I yawn. It still feels lacking....

I've attempted to live with it for the last two weeks. Over two weeks, actually. I can't remember exactly when it started...Anyway. I'm done with that. Now for a doctor.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."