Author Topic: Who are Mat and Perrin *CAUTION SPOILERS AND YELLOW TAPE*  (Read 5476 times)

Shard

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Who are Mat and Perrin *CAUTION SPOILERS AND YELLOW TAPE*
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 12:16:52 AM »
That's true enough about Matt = Aemon, I think the only thing we know for sure is that both him and Egwene descend from those Manathren people.

Well I know the whole Faile is kidnapped was severly annoying but at least Perrin can be the one responisble for the complete annhilation of the Shaido, the desicmation of Masema insane army and bringing in Morgase safe and sound. Not a bad job to be honest, I know that Rand will appreciate that. Plus now they have some Seachan general who will be happy with them and help to keep a truce between the Randland and the Seachan. It just took awhile for it all to come to a head, but then so is the whole WT split.

If Manatheren comes back I don't think Mat will be in charge of it.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 11:40:15 PM »
I don't think he'd even want that responsibility.\
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 12:43:58 AM »
I agree Shaggy but he's Prince of Raven's now so technically he's now Emperor of Seachan along with his wife the Emperess.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 01:21:30 AM »
True. And that brings up another point–I would think being Emperor/Ruler/Big Boy in two different 'states' in two different 'continents' would be…difficult. And faintly annoying, probably.  :-\
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 03:28:46 AM »
Yeah I suspect that after a few years of recovering from TG that Toun and Mat will then take their forces back to Seachan to re-conquer everything.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 04:54:28 AM »
mmmm maybe,  But I think that it's likely that Perrin becomes one of several Vice Roy charged with enforcing the reign of Mat and Precious in the home continent.  No doubt the Princess of Mayene will get major authority given that she is a relative of the Crystal Throne.  A way I might have gone would be to make Bayle and Leilwyn governors in Arad Doman.  Saldea and a reconstituted Manetheren come under Perrin and Zarene, the rest of it gets pretty complicated but Tear and Illian pretty much have to become subjects of Mayene.  That leaves the football field (caralain grass) to be split between "the Return" and the Aeil.  A new Jinn Aeil tribe would need proximity to Tar Valan and the football field is the most likely spot.  It's also the ruins of Tanreall's kingdom so makes since to put the returners there too.  I'm thinking the blight gets cured, so without Shayol Ghul pumping out new Beast men Lan starts rebuilding on the edge of the borderlands.

Of course that presupposes we don't end up with a big Hong Kong finish where everyone we care about dies and the nobodies who didn't do any of the real work of winning TG inherit everything.  :P
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 05:21:08 AM »
You aware that Tear is going to have Darlin as King and Illan still has Mattin Stephanos.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 06:43:37 AM »
Those are Rand's appointments.  What ever happens with him.  It's unlikely he'll be in a position to prevent Darlin and Stepanos from bing subjugated.  But yeah I'm just looking at trends and how they could be best tied up.  As long as Tear and Illian are allowed to stand as independent nations they will keep the south at war.  Revival of the nation that Far Madding was capital of and Illian, Tear and Mayene were provinces of would be the neatest solution to this problem.  Yeah it would lead to Balkanization and maybe later ugliness.  But it could lead to a solution like the merger of Rome, Provence, Genoa and Sicily. :)
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Ogge

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • ogrens website
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Mat is not Ameon, he was a general in Manetherns army...that's all..

check this.

http://wotmania.com/theorypostdbtheory.asp?ID=855&Category=Mat
"Kneel or you will be knelt."

www.sveaulvar.com

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 03:07:30 PM »
I think the way the story has been set up is that Rand is leaving behind those that will be able to lead their respective countries after he is gone. He is expecting that he will die or at least not be ruling these places after TG. So I don't see Tear getting a King as Min saw only to be subjectated to who the Seachan?

I do agree though that there is going to be some major changes though with the possible rise of Manatheren and whatever Aravalon is supposed to be.

Vyrance

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 04:16:28 PM »
Actually, Min saw in one of her visions Darlin wearing a certain crown, and dying in his bed later in life.  When Darlin was named King of Tear, they said they would have her design that crown she saw.  I don't believe Tear will be subjugated to the Seanchan.  Especially with the huge army in the way in Illian.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »
I refuse to comment on the future of WoT.  I mean, why think that anything is going to be the same after Tairmon Gaidon?

The Age of Legends ended with the breaking of the world.  There are strong hints that the previous age ended in nuclear holocaust.  With the breaking of the world, only the barest outlines of the previous world survived, and those outlines were the peoples, not the physical countries.  So although groups loyal to Matt, Perrin, etc. might survive, I am highly skeptical of the actual geography that might be postulated, and that includes the locations of the continents.

I am also skeptical that the one power will survive unchanged.  The world is changing.  The Ogier are up to something.  Sniffers, Seers (I mean Min), Wolfbrothers coming back?  It's all part of something that teases at my imagination and suggests things well beyond simple politics.   People who base their speculations on what is, rather than what could be, seem to me to lack both imagination and pattern recognition.  The Age turning is a massive event.  And any speculation on crowns or kingdoms seems, to me, to be something that will either be in a different context or between the "present" and Tairmon Gaidon.
Nature hates being reified.

Adrienne

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »
Matt has lived and died multiple times.  It hasn't ever seemed to me that he was one person but many that were all connected to some type of military and war.  I see in WOT wiki it states:

Mat's memories also raise questions as to the nature of reincarnation through the Wheel; Mat remembers dying, "more times than he could count" (The Fires of Heaven), due to his memories being from many individual lives of adventurers that went to the Aelfinn and Eelfinn, whether through the doorways or the Tower of Ghenjei or perhaps his own previous lives (the books make many references to people being "spun into the pattern" many times, such as Birgitte Silverbow or, obviously, the Dragon Reborn).

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Mat

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »
Matt has lived and died multiple times.  It hasn't ever seemed to me that he was one person but many that were all connected to some type of military and war.  I see in WOT wiki it states:

Mat's memories also raise questions as to the nature of reincarnation through the Wheel; Mat remembers dying, "more times than he could count" (The Fires of Heaven), due to his memories being from many individual lives of adventurers that went to the Aelfinn and Eelfinn, whether through the doorways or the Tower of Ghenjei or perhaps his own previous lives (the books make many references to people being "spun into the pattern" many times, such as Birgitte Silverbow or, obviously, the Dragon Reborn).

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Mat

A quick recommendation:  We all already know what the issue is.  All the arguments you make here have already been discussed in this thread, with the "previous lives" argument having taken a severe pounding, as usual.
Nature hates being reified.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »
The King of Manetheren is the leader of the Band of the Red Hand and he, in the dream, orders them forward how is can you say he isn't Aemon? In addition to that it doesn't mean that he has to take up the crown under the same reasoning Rand would have to unite the two towers and become the Amrilyn Seat again.

I wish we had more background knowledge of the White tower because i want to know where Egwene fits in...
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz