Author Topic: Cell Phone annoyance...  (Read 3538 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Cell Phone annoyance...
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:45:49 PM »
OK I am starting a thread about people who abuse cell phones (texting in class, too loud ring tone, inappropriate ring tone, whatever the problem is) list your complaints below....

Ex. a person from Detroit was speaking far too loudly to his buddy telling him how he misses it so much and that Dallas is a bunch of dolts and can't even make chili fires (what an idiot he probably likes bad chili and chili is the state food of Texas of course we make good stuff i don't eat chili fries so he might have a small point) anyways he proceeds to call us more or less dumb hicks like W. and the funny thing was his grammar was pitiful!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone annoyance...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »
Look at it this way: cell phones have made it that much easier for you to detect idiocy at a distance. Hooray cell phones!
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
I used to always text in class when I was in high school.  My teachers never said anything about it though, because they could ask me a question at any given time and I was able to answer without having to have the question repeated or what-not
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

benvolio3

• Level 3
  • Satan's got nothing over me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 12:22:54 AM »
I've always been disapproving of cell phone use during school hours. Granted, I've used my phone to text once or twice or three times this year, but I really try to refrain. But what really gets me upset is when people are text-ing instead of paying attention to the real world! Your text can wait!!! well... that's my stand on text-ing.

besides, I would probably text more and be less hostile towards text-ers if I had a higher monthly message allotment, because at the moment I only have around 150...

@ Champion Kaz: I like how you talk about that Dallas kids horrible grammar while you make your whole second paragraph a run-on... just saying.  :P
I'm in a band man!
www.myspace.com/thoughtsinframe

I'm actually only temporarily in the band...

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:01:31 AM »
I would die.  I easily send 300 in a day.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

kevinpii

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:09:44 PM »
Last fall I was driving behind a guy who was texting while riding his goldwing right downtown. I mean come on, texting while driving is bad, texting while riding your motorcycle down a busy street is just stupid.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »
I used to always text in class when I was in high school.  My teachers never said anything about it though, because they could ask me a question at any given time and I was able to answer without having to have the question repeated or what-not

replace "text" with "Sleep" and you have what *I* did in highschool. one of my teachers commented on it before, he asked how i could be sleeping, but as soon as he asks a question, pop up, give the answer, then lie back down. My reply was "Because I know the answer" :P

Last fall I was driving behind a guy who was texting while riding his goldwing right downtown. I mean come on, texting while driving is bad, texting while riding your motorcycle down a busy street is just stupid.

i saw someone driving down the road texting before. She had *BOTH* hands off the wheel, and was driving with her elbows on the wheel, and was leaning her face and phone against the window to be steady and type (i assume). It looked like the most dangerous thing i had ever seen someone do while driving

[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »
@benvolio i speak somewhat differently than i type and he isn't a dallasite i am...run-ons don't really bother me either but using me instead of I or vice versa or are instead of is and vice versa annoys me...
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »
@Eerongal.  I could only do that in a few classes.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 06:47:22 AM »
I just told my students about how one teacher would drop cell phones used in class in a fishbowl filled with water.  That helped to keep them in line...

Anyway, I'd just like to say "Tractors is so dumb."
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 04:30:25 PM »
@Jade nice one...

benvolio3

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 10:21:58 PM »
@ Kaz: alright, fair enough...
But I'm a comma freak, meaning, I'd rather see an overextensive use of commas than see no comma use at all. I guess grammer is turning into a subjective thing these days...

Oh... and I meant Detroit, of course.  ::)

@ everyone else: I'm saddened, my phone got a crack in the screen the other day...  :-[
I'm in a band man!

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
@Anyone: I just wanna be cool and use the @ symbol like everyone else.
also, interesting link my friend sent me about a cell phone
http://www.inhabitat.com/2009/04/16/kyocera-unveils-kinetic-flexible-oled-cell-phone/

[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 08:24:56 PM »
I used to think it was really funny and pathetic to see all the people in the grocery stores (especially men) calling home to see what kind of cereal to get.  Until I got a cell phone and my husband does it every time he goes.  I have even done it.  That easy and immediate access to information is irresistible.

benvolio3

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 10:08:58 PM »
At the speed in which industrialization and technology (flattening) is moving these days I think the cellphone is a most necessary thing one might have. Twenty years ago it might have been accepted to guess and check, but these days guessing is so... unnecessary.

total tangent: Can you imagine twenty years ago is almost the 90's?
I'm in a band man!