Author Topic: tightwads  (Read 1957 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
tightwads
« on: November 25, 2004, 01:22:21 AM »
I've decided I hate working for tightwads. Mostly, this would be the potential customers who call me.

I can understand people having a budget that they have to work with, but tightwads are something else.

Tightwads for some arrogant reason think they know what everything should cost. Not what is does cost, but what in their delusional minds what things should cost, no matter what the item or service is. This includes some mystical, unknown understanding of inflation, labor costs and material costs. And surprisingly, almost everything is higher than what they think it should cost. So they harass poor customer service workers and managers to get the price they think something should cost and not what the people who produce the product or service say it costs.

I think I will petition for the tightwad complex to be punishable.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Re: tightwads
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 01:24:45 AM »
I will sign that petition.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan