Author Topic: The Far Reaches Webcomic  (Read 6123 times)

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
The Far Reaches Webcomic
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
I don't normally get into webcomics (Schlock was my first) but this one is pretty interesting. Its very similar to Schlock in setting, and while its not as consistently released or as consistently funny as Schlock (at least in the beginning, I haven't gotten very far) it is always beautiful. The art at the beginning of the strip is better than the art that Howard is releasing now. It has obvious inspirations from anime and I really like it!

http://www.thefarreaches.com/

Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

ryos

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: The Far Reaches Webcomic
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:34:27 PM »
I'll check that out as soon as I'm finished with the archives of Dr. McNinja. I just hope the rest of the comic is good enough for me to tolerate that anime influence you mentioned...because, you know, my subscription list isn't long enough or anything. (20 and counting!)

Also, KNIIIIIIFE EEEEEYYYYE ATTAAAACK.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 04:54:11 AM by ryos »
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 05:52:43 AM »
Gonna have to disagree with you on the quality of the art there Reaves.  Schlock is an entirely different style, yes, perhaps even one you like less than the farreaches art style, but Howard's is by no means worse. Not by a long shot.  In fact, I like his better.

That of course is a skarpinionTM* One I will stand by.

*(not to be confused with a skarittudeTM which 'tudes I have been known to abandon on short notice)
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »
:shrug: its not always amazing. At times, he doesn't even color. But when he does devote a long amount of time to it, its simply beautiful.
http://www.thefarreaches.com/2006/05/20/comic-188-500-year-prologue/

Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Renoard

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 04:26:21 PM »
heh. The artiste' is supposed to pay a drudge to ink and color!
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.