Author Topic: Naruto Discussion (***Spoilers if you haven't read Manga***)  (Read 13301 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Naruto Discussion (***Spoilers if you haven't read Manga***)
« on: March 27, 2009, 12:11:04 AM »
So I decided that a discussion topic about the happenings in the Naruto manga would be fun to have here.  Since we are already talking about the anime and it is hard to talk about future happenings without spoilers.

So yeah.  I definitely think they will have the arc, especially with needing to rebuild the village and what-not.  Also, anyone seeing the fact that Tsunade basically screwed herself by using her . . . uhm, forehead thing jutsu (sorry it was only named once like over a hundred chapters ago so I forget what it was called) and that basically takes everything out of her.  I think that after this section she will relinquish the title of Hokage and Naruto will get it in the time-jump.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Naruto Discussion (***Spoilers if you haven't read Manga***)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 12:39:45 AM »
Creation Rebirth is what Tsunade's forehead-storing healing chakra thingy is called, at least in the manga. I think they called it something else in the anime. Tsunade used it, in conjunction with Katsuyu's slugs to protect as many people as she could from Pain's uber blast of death.

But yes, as it stands, we know that Shizune is confirmed dead; Hinata's almost there; Kakashi is probably dead, but still kind of up in the air. 

I was glad to see Naruto's reaction when the 4th appeared in his mind and told him he was his son. I was expecting some cheesy "I love you dad!" moment. Was glad to see a more logical angry reaction.  :D

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:13:05 AM »
As was I.  I usually read the Japanese Manga so it was a different name. ha ha.  I think Kakashi is dead.  Naruto would have been able to sense his Chakra.  But I remember when they were describing what it was her Jutsu did it talked about how every time it is used it takes a LOT out of her.  I don't think she will be able to recover too well from this last one.  Especially when how many people she was protecting and trying to save at once.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 01:28:12 AM »
It's quite possible that she will die. It would be a pretty big death. However, at this point, I think she still has more of role to play, especially in the rebuilding.

I'm still on the fence about Kakashi. The whole meeting with his dad had kind of a Deathly Hollow's feel to it for me. Then again, I just don't want him to be dead yet.  :D

I think Naruto will succeed in killing Nagato and possibly Konan as well. Either that or they will retreat after learning that Killer Bee escaped.

If they die, then that will only leave Madara, Kisame and Zetsu for the Akatsuki. Oh, and Sasuke (ugh) and his little band of followers will go back hunting Killer Bee.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:30:36 AM »
I don't think Tsunade will die, just that she won't be able to hold up the role of Hokage anymore.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »
Sorry about the DP.

Shadow shuriken with the rasen-shuriken was genius!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »
There can be multiple people holding the title at once and yeah the manga is finnally picking up again (his young years suck due to his overall stupidity the time jump made a better story)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 09:38:55 PM »
I think the majority of the younger years were basically meant to just get us used to the universe and how the mechanics worked.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 11:01:41 PM »
Ha! Like Kishimoto was thinking that far ahead. No way. He hadn't even planned chapter 3 (intro of Sasuke/Sakura) when he wrote chapter 1. Once he came up with Sasuke though he came up with the chuunin exam plan and Orochimaru, with vague ideas for Tsunade and Jiraiya (since the three go together in folklore), but really he's largely been making stages up as he went along.

When the manga started, the younger years were Kishimoto's only plan.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 06:31:54 AM »
Ha ha.  Well he may have not planned it like that, but it certainly worked well that way. xD
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »
Has anyone noticed in the anime that the line movements are a cop out on DBZ where as normal people can't see them at their high speeds...and the fillers suck...one good thing about the manga is there aren't any
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 01:55:38 AM »
They did the line thing to a point in the manga as well.  Though not as often.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
Well, chapter 442 is up. Was anyone else besides myself surprised to see Nagato having red hair? I had always assumed it was blackish.

Kind of a "meh" chapter to be honest. The rock/kage bunshin thing was one of the only cool things, other than confirmation of Hinata's survival.

:(

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 05:10:02 PM »
I agree on all account cthulhu.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »
Ok, Kishimoto really needs to do SOMETHING in a chapter. I was pretty disappointed in chapter 443. Nothing really happened in it, which stinks because I was hoping for at least some plot progression. Even something small would have been fine.  ;D

I'm still calling Kakashi surviving.  8)