Poll

Do you think Mistborn would be good this way?

Yes
7 (87.5%)
Maybe
1 (12.5%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: A Mistborn by GraphicAudio?  (Read 1892 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
A Mistborn by GraphicAudio?
« on: March 26, 2009, 05:57:44 AM »
So I was just surfing through Brandon's blog, I was a bit behind, and I came across him talking about an Elantris reading done by GraphicsAudio.  It is more like a radio show than a reading of the book.  I listened to the preview and it sounded amazing!

I think that I will buy it soon so that I can listen to the entire thing.  I also think that something like this for Mistborn would be really well received and a fun thing to listen to.  Any other opinions?

(You can hear a preview of Elantris in the link.)

EDIT: I also found the "part 1" writing on the box quite intriguing.  I mean, it is 7 hours long.  Shouldn't that be enough for all of Elantris?  Maybe this is more (accidental) verification of another Elantris book.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:00:44 AM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A Mistborn by GraphicAudio?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:19:01 AM »
This audio version is the whole book in 3 parts for a total listening time of about 21 hours or so.  That is pretty much on par with other audio book formats.  The full version of Elantris audio book on audible.com is 27 hours and 31 minutes.  This version I expect to be shorter because the sound effects will allow some of the description to be omitted and since there are different actors for every character they will be able to leave out the whole "'Blah, blah' said Raoden.  " No WAY," said Sarene."  stuff
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 07:25:36 AM »
Oh I see.  I guess I read quickly.  I just figured reading - a lot of extra words and such could = seven hours.  Silly me.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »
I had to answer maybe on this.  I listened to the sample when it first came out and was very impressed.  Now thinking about it, I wish the example had one of the action scenes in it.  That is what will make or break this format for me.  If the action scenes are done well and understandable I would really like this format over the regular audiobook.  Mainly because an audiobook that I am listening to in the car is to easy to tone out and lose track of then when it is just one person reading everything.  If I hadn't already read the books that I have on CD i would get really confused just figuring out who is talking.  This format gets rid of that confusion. I would like to see someones reveiw of the entere book in this format before making a buying decision though.  Well that and get a ipod dock in my car so that I can play it there without having to burn 19 cds.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
Well that and get a ipod dock in my car so that I can play it there without having to burn 19 cds.
Doesn't your CD player read MP3 CDs?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »
Not the one in my car unfortunatly :(