Author Topic: Anime Review!  (Read 6891 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Anime Review!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 11:35:12 PM »
That fight ended the Manga Series, there was one more chapter which didn't fully get animated everythign else that's not Shipuden (Sp?) is non-cannon filler and has horrible writing.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 11:45:20 PM »
Yeah, I've just been reading Shippuden for a really long time and a lot has happened.  I think there will be a third section of the story.  It's currently at a place where there is still just too much going on for Shippuden to end it all with the amount of chapters allotted to it.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 11:56:46 PM »
I will say that the latest Shippuden Manga arc is insane. I seriously think they're probably going to do another time-jump soon, especially when this arc is finished. It just seems like the perfect time.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 12:11:36 AM »
Let's go here Cthulhu.  That way we won't spoil it for these guys. ;)
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Madjius

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 08:25:30 AM »
This is to you, SPOLERS
I rather you be DEAD!

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 07:59:03 PM »
That was rather inappropriate to say even if the rest of everyone lacks curtosity by putting spoilers in a thread with no warning wishing death on someone or speaking it without meaning it is highly vulgar so in other words be more polite or stop posting...
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »
Kaz, his account's obviously been deleted, most likely banned as well.

Also I don't REALLY see a spoiler here . . . naru/sasu fight . . . yeah . . maybe a time-jump.  All of that is pretty much understood, not a spoiler.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »
I thought that was a wish of death for spoilers, not the people who were spoiling (as evidenced by the "This is to you..."). Then again, perhaps "spoilers" are people who spoil. I do not know, but I do know that Madjius had her share of crazy posts on this here forum in the short time she was with us. :P

The spoiler thread was created before any spoilers happened, which tells me that we have responsible, considerate people here. Oh, how I wish the rest of the internet was so pleasant. Thank you to The Staff and The Memebers (sic) for making such a great corner of the internet for those of us who don't enjoy... those other sites. *shifty eyes*

Anyone see any anime they would recommend lately? I'll definitely have to give Naruto another chance. It's been over 5 years since I last watched any of it. Fortunately for me, my distance from Dragonball is either coming up on or just past 10 years, though I do have to give it the nod as my first anime. Kinda. I'd watched anime on Saturday mornings, but I never knew that it was different than the other cartoons that aired. Funny how dumb that sounds, innit? :-\
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 12:28:12 AM »
Gravitation is pretty funny if you like cutesy humor.

Shaman King (manga) was good.  I hear the anime sucked though.

Death Note was petty good.

Loveless is good but has some material not suiting everyone's tastes.

オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 09:46:38 PM »
I never understood the alure of Death Note i mean you kill someone buy writing his name in a book...how is this entertainment its simply a teenager whos extremely demented and needs serious psychological help...

Worst anime ever would have to be the contiuation of DBZ i mean how hard do you need to try to kill my fond memories of a show that was good but went on and on for many years after it should have been killed off....
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 01:06:20 AM »
Bleach the anime is pretty bad, but the manga on the other hand is really good. There are some similarities between Bleach and DBZ, but there is one defining difference: Tite Kubo is a better writer. Everything that has happened in the manga has been foreshadowed (something often forgone in manga and anime), and maintains the over arching themes. The story is character driven, yet Kubo manages to keep a tight plot while developing new characters at the same time, and pulling well thought out twists along the way. If you haven’t read the manga, you should really give it a try, the anime is a poor substitute.
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 09:37:51 AM »
I never understood the alure of Death Note i mean you kill someone buy writing his name in a book...how is this entertainment its simply a teenager whos extremely demented and needs serious psychological help...

It's a cultural thing.  The whole thing about Shinigami is.  That and his struggle with doing wrong in order to do what is right.  You'd have to understand Japanese people to get it.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 07:55:59 AM »
Miyabi, are you Japanese?

I'm going to the Cherry Blossom Festival in SanFran next week.  There's going to be a Manga exhibit there.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 06:16:47 PM »
No, but I've studied Japanese for like six years and I spent part of a summer living in Japan with a host family. "]
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。