Departments > Music

Great bands you've never heard of

<< < (2/11) > >>

ryos:
I've already found some good stuff. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

My turn again: Dave Beegle - Beyond the Desert. This is one of my favorite CDs. It's sort of a fusion of classical guitar and modern acoustic rock, with a side of Flamenco. All 7 tracks are instrumental, and I love them all.

Also, check out Meese. They just have a 4-song EP out for now, but all four songs are great.

sortitus:
Epik High - Korean Hip-Hop/Pop/Rock awesomeness.
Clazziquai - Korean underground new movement club or something like that.
Nanook of the North - Norwegian easy listening with interesting lyrics (all in English). "Hey Fragile" is hilarious.
The Allstonians - An excellent ska band, though less old, well known, and influential than The Toasters.

Miyabi:
They only have one song, and it's a demo, but The Paul Revere Jumpsuit Apparatus

The Jade Knight:
Sortitus, is there actually good KPop?  My brother and I have looked high and low, and had little success finding Korean music as good as the Japanese and Chinese stuff out there.

sortitus:
Sorry, my browser crashed a while back and I forgot about this thread for a bit.

JadeKnight, there is good KPop, but it's not the same as other Asian pop. Kpop is just a different flavor. In general, Koran music is more closely tied to the European and American music scenes than the countries around them. If you like other Asian pop music, try going to Se7en, DBSK, Super Junior or Girls Generation (SNSD) first. The artists that are biggest in the US (I think) are Rain and BoA, so you might like those as well. It's hard to suggest something not knowing your precise tastes. Message me if none of those hit the spot for you. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version