Author Topic: Let's try something new with Alcatraz!!! (May include **SPOILERS**)  (Read 36077 times)

Bastille

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try something New!!! (May include **SPOILERS**)
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »
That is a good idea. I like the idea of breaking the rules. Even if Alcatraz got that powerful I don't think he would be able to (but if the lenses do what we think they do then it's different) control the Talent enough to do it without having another consequence happen. If that made any sense to anyone.

Bastille
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 01:08:58 AM »
Some lucky kid has the third book already.  They gave away a manuscript at the HoA signing.  I wanted so hard to win!  But sadly, I didn't.

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky person!!!!!!!!! I would give up my life for that book. It holds SO much info that I want/need to find out.

Bastille
Nothing gold can stay.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 01:14:08 AM »
I could get it for you. -smiles impishly- It will only cost your soul.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 01:16:31 AM »
I could get it for you. -smiles impishly- It will only cost your soul.

hah!! Where do I sign?

Bastille
Nothing gold can stay.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 01:24:33 AM »
-les poof and book appears-

Here you are.

-smiles in anticipation-
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 01:44:17 AM »
Great, but I think I can wait 6-7 month if it means keeping my soul!!  ;D

Bastille
Nothing gold can stay.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 02:59:20 AM »
You know, adding "Alcatraz" to the thread title might help.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 09:04:51 AM »
My thought on the mystrious lense is that it supresses Al's talent.  Al the first said that breaking was the worst thing ever, yes?  So then if he was able to create a lense that supressed the talent he might think he was saving other people from the horror.  I mean, that also explains why only those with the breaking talent would want it.

Also, I can almost promise that Al's going to break Bastille so she gets a talent.  In the first book there was like two things that he said would never happen -- the "super powerful lense getting blasted" which it does (he then follows up with "that's an accadent and will never happen again, which it does) and Bastille getting a talent.  Every time he said that though it ended up happening, so Al's either going to marry Bastille or else he's going to break her.  (I could see him breaking her having to do with the big huge problem thing.)

Also, miyabi -- "She was dead.  Dead dead dead dead dead."  *giggles*  Good times, good times.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 09:34:41 AM »
Book 3 definitely gives a lot more hints as to where the series is going. There's not a whole lot of the overarching plot in the first 2 books, besides the obvious "Librarians are trying to take over, and obviously A+B=♥" thing.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 09:36:09 AM »
Am I wrong in thinking "A+B" refers to a certian boy and his female knight?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
Am I wrong in thinking "A+B" refers to a certian boy and his female knight?

This part of teh family is meessed up. Attica married a Librarian and Alcatraz is in love with a knight/squire. The Smedrys really screwed it up.
Nothing gold can stay.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 11:48:37 AM »
My thought on the mystrious lense is that it supresses Al's talent.  Al the first said that breaking was the worst thing ever, yes?  So then if he was able to create a lense that supressed the talent he might think he was saving other people from the horror.  I mean, that also explains why only those with the breaking talent would want it.

Also, I can almost promise that Al's going to break Bastille so she gets a talent.  In the first book there was like two things that he said would never happen -- the "super powerful lense getting blasted" which it does (he then follows up with "that's an accadent and will never happen again, which it does) and Bastille getting a talent.  Every time he said that though it ended up happening, so Al's either going to marry Bastille or else he's going to break her.  (I could see him breaking her having to do with the big huge problem thing.)

Also, miyabi -- "She was dead.  Dead dead dead dead dead."  *giggles*  Good times, good times.

I LOVE the idea with Alcatraz breaking Bastille!!!!!!  LOVE IT!!! It's BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!! It sounds like something BS would do. I also want Bastille to become an Oculator though.

Bastille

(Bastille was dead. Really dead. Deader than a battery left on all night with the high beams on. She was so dead she deader than anyone I'd ever see dead. She was that dead.)  ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:51:21 AM by Bastille »
Nothing gold can stay.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 09:10:59 PM »

Yup, good good times.  It's sad that Brandon check his email until too late.  :(  That would have been freaking awesome!

Breaking Bastille would be intense.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try something new with Alcatraz!!! (May include **SPOILERS**)
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 07:52:34 AM »
I KNOW!!!  We'll just have to save that idea for another release.  *wink*

I swear I meantioned the breaking of Bastille at the release... and a whole bunch of things I'm too lazy to type here (mostly because I've forgotten them) as to why it's a valid reason.  But I'm thinking that's how she's going to get her talent.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try something new with Alcatraz!!! (May include **SPOILERS**)
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 11:53:11 AM »
I KNOW!!!  We'll just have to save that idea for another release.  *wink*

I swear I meantioned the breaking of Bastille at the release... and a whole bunch of things I'm too lazy to type here (mostly because I've forgotten them) as to why it's a valid reason.  But I'm thinking that's how she's going to get her talent.

What Talent is it going to be though?

Bastille
Nothing gold can stay.