Author Topic: Let's try something new with Alcatraz!!! (May include **SPOILERS**)  (Read 37525 times)

Shasta

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's try something new with Alcatraz!!! (May include **SPOILERS**)
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2009, 11:58:21 PM »
she has probably read the first chapter a least 100 times and now i regret getting her hooked
-shasta
"I was planning to go along, but- " "But what?" "I lost my keys."
Shasta Smedry(and Blackburn)

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2009, 12:01:28 AM »
It's worth it completely!! I didn't have to pay though. Shasta's  parents let me borrow the discs so, yeah. But it's completely worth it. Sing's voice is really cool. Shasta's and Bastille's are as well, but I still think  Sing's is cooler.
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2009, 12:02:30 AM »
she has probably read the first chapter a least 100 times and now i regret getting her hooked
-shasta

Yeah, it's all your fault. You got me hooked so your now paying the price!!  :D ;D
Nothing gold can stay.

Cosmic_AC

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2009, 06:42:44 AM »
I would like to publicly apologize for my previous statement.  It is now obvious that I have offended at least one person with my ignorance.

Eleaneth

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2009, 06:45:27 AM »
I had a random idea. What if, in a critical moment, they needed some more power to save the day? Alcatraz and Bastille could just officially marry, get their parents' permission, get Grandpa Smedry or someone to authorize it and make it official, and walla! Two people with the Talent of Breaking!

Of course, that would complicate their lives. Not to mention spreading the Dark Talent. But it just might get them out of a dangerous situation.

Heck, they could even Break each others' Talents... that would be rather interesting, if they could do it.
"Yes," Elend said softly. "The law allows for you to change your vote, Lord Habren. You may only do so once, and must do so before the winner is declared. Everyone else has the same opportunity."
-- The Well of Ascension

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2009, 07:15:43 AM »
While that IS totally cool, somehow I don't see that happening.  I just can't see two less then 16 year olds getting married.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2009, 07:17:53 AM »
Heh heh. I wonder what you guys are going to think of Bastille's dad. And especially her brother.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »
You put ideas into my head that have not been there before...

I want her dad to be a cool laid back guy, and her brother to be (if younger) hero worship of older sis/Al (and play matchmaker) OR (if older) in total support of Bastille and helps her out in any way.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »
I could see a shotgun wedding. >>'  Ook, darn you and your cryptic messagingness.  Perhaps Bastille is actually related to the Smedry's somehow.  She just . . . somehow hides her talent, or perhaps we've seen it, but don't recognize it?  Perhaps failing?  She seems to do that a lot.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »
fRR, you think Brandon would write something like that? ;)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »
I could see a shotgun wedding. >>'  Ook, darn you and your cryptic messagingness.  Perhaps Bastille is actually related to the Smedry's somehow.  She just . . . somehow hides her talent, or perhaps we've seen it, but don't recognize it?  Perhaps failing?  She seems to do that a lot.

I've tried thinking about that but it doesn't work. In the first book Alcatraz said he saw Bastille's foot prints disappear quickly (Even though now he can see them clearly.) And Bastille looks  just like her mother and Alcatraz said that he could see Draulin's footprints disappear.
Ookla, darn you!!! I swear if you say anymore, I'll.....oh never mind. Bastille's DAD!!! I wonder what he'll be like? If he is like his wife and daughter than I wouldn't be surprised  if he was grumpy too but if he's nice and laid back than I'll be surprised and Brandon can do that in these books really well. I'm just hoping that Bastille's brother isn't a knight of Crystallia. That would ruin everything for me. I want Bastille's brother to be just like firstrainbowRose said. Maybe he can get through to Bastille. If Bastille's Talent (even  though she doesn't have one) was failing then how do you explain her success or the groups success during the Library Infiltration.
Nothing gold can stay.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2009, 11:51:01 AM »
Sorry I didn't put this in the last post but I need this to be big and important. We all talked about how we want Bastille to get a Talent by Alcatraz breaking her but if he doesn break her what will her Talent be? I think it will be ether breaking or fixing. Fixing because when he breaks Bastille he breaks the Talent as she gets it!!!
Nothing gold can stay.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
Sorry, fRR?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2009, 05:37:47 PM »
firstRainbowRose

Shasta

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2009, 07:47:14 PM »
i really like the idea of Alcatraz breaking Bastille so she has a talent and the talent be fixing thing.
that would be really cool having Alcatraz and Bastills talents clash.
Alcatraz would break something importuned like he always does then Bastille would fix it.
I was wondering when someone would come up with the idea of them being related but me and Bastille already had a long discution about it and ruled it out for the reasons that Bastille said.
( we argued about it for about 4 months)
-Shasta
"I was planning to go along, but- " "But what?" "I lost my keys."
Shasta Smedry(and Blackburn)