Author Topic: Dollhouse  (Read 26533 times)

Renoard

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
Re: Dollhouse
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »
Ballard's choice was surprisingly realistic.  Echo is a motive for his hunter instincts, an obsession but not a tangible lover.  November was a love interest (go figure).  Beside they had to write November out she just didn't fit with Wheden's collection of pretty dolls.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Liathiana

• Level 3
  • For Pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2009, 11:17:09 PM »
I'd say Fox's pretty dolls, originally Whedon wanted Dolls of various colors and sizes and looks...he wanted real diversity. Fox decided they wanted everyone pretty. And personally I found November gorgeous, I suppose you mean because she isn't stick thin?
"Behold! I have discovered the FORK OF TRUTH! Who would dare oppose me now?! Now that I am armed with my anger...and my fork!" Richard (LFG)

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2009, 07:20:42 AM »
Well she doesn't have a great figure.  But no, I meant the shape of her head, jaw, cheeks and nose.  On the other hand I was being facetious anyway.  Let's be honest, Dushku at sz 8-10 is not stick thin. Lachman is really the only one that's painfully thin.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »
You think Dushku is size 8-10? What planet do you live on? I'm size 8-10 and I am huge compared to the way Dushku looks on tv.  She's probably a size 2.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2009, 12:18:20 AM »
well lets see.  My wife was 5' 3" tall B cup, 36" bust, 22" waste and 38" hips when we married and that made her a 6-7 at the time.  Dusku is a C or D cup with at least a 38" bust and 38" hips.  I may be out of step with women's sizes these days, but that sounds like an 8-10 to me.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2009, 01:13:02 AM »
Holy crap dude...good thing we aren't giving away any secrets, right? I wonder what happens when you really start sharing...
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2009, 01:18:59 AM »
Measurements?  Get real.  If measurements makes you that jumpy then  . . .

Ah well, I forget I'm dealing with such youngins on here.  Put on a couple of decades and you'll loose that shrinking violet tendency. :D

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »
Eh, if it had been anyone else I wouldn't have blinked an eyelash. And although I realize that it is pertinent to the discussion, it seems to me that giving away your ex-wife's bra size on the internet is not a good idea.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2009, 08:55:51 AM »
You might have a point.

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2009, 06:36:07 PM »
Has anyone on here gotten a chance to see Epitaph One yet?  I saw it and, frankly, it is the best episode yet.  Felecia Day was spot on, and the whole concept was interesting to me.  I really hope that the show is able to continue on the direction that was pointed out there.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2009, 09:06:42 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly with Jex. Epitaph One is hands-down my favorite episode so far. At one point, it made my jaw literally drop. No one here knows me this well, but it is extremely difficult to do that. It also introduced my favorite character of the entire series. Zone wins. Period.
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2009, 09:11:17 AM »
Hey, anyone been watching this season?  Good stuff, so far, and I only expect it to get better.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2009, 04:11:43 PM »
It's been ok. The episode where Echo was a mom was really poorly paced and acted (in both mine and my wife's opinion). Though that Victor segment from last week was some of the most hysterical TV I have seen in a long time.

And here is the problem this show has. Echo is absurdly boring. Every time I see her, I think, "I hated you in Buffy, and now I am reminded why."  Then I see the segments where Amy Acker, and I think, "Wow...an actress with emotional range...if only she were Echo instead." Also, I enjoy Victor way more than Echo. You know, I enjoy EVERY character more than Echo. Even the random pedestrians on the street. They have more character and less predictability.

Seriously, they could kill off Echo, download her into an actress that can, you know, act, and continue the story without any adverse effects. In fact, it would help the show.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »
I think Eliza Dushku and Summer Glau are actually robots sent from the future to destroy quality television. At least Joss Wheadon had the sense in Firefly to cover up Summer's complete lack of talent. And Sarah Connor made her a robot. Eliza never had that luck. She is actually asked to ACT in her shows, unfortunately, she can't act. Even her interviews with reporters are boring. The hand model eating a Big Mac in the McDonalds commercials has more personality than she does.

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2009, 06:48:41 PM »
Weird.  I'm really a big fan of Dushuku.  I feel like she makes a really good Echo, partly because of that emotional detachment - she's a zombie for large parts of the show, and then she acts well in the parts she needs to.  And Faith was, imo, one of the best Buffy Characters.  Right up there with Willow. 

About the mom episode, I liked that one.  I thought that it was interesting in its concept, even if there could have been better ways to present that.  I really liked Vows, and the episode with Victor, and next week, with its sierra episode, should be quite interesting.  How she came to be a doll will really color my view of the Dollhouse's morality.  As it is, I assume that every doll that is there volunteered, and if that is the case, I see nothing immoral, or even particularly amoral, about the Dollhouse.  If, however, any of the dolls were forced into it, clearly it is a bad thing.  <shrug>

On Summer Glau - I've only seen her in Firefly, but I felt like she really did fantastically.  I can't imagine that was an easy role...  I dunno.  I haven't seen her in SCC, so maybe she really is as bad as people seem to think.