Departments > Movies and TV

Dollhouse

<< < (2/21) > >>

Bookstore Guy:
the major hole was that the other Active was there for if things got out of hand. they tried to explain it by saying "oh, she took attention off the singer." that was a terribad explanation for why Sierra didn't kick his head in earlier. she was there as back-up, and yet she did absolutely nothing. it was a poor way for them to get across the "friend" arc they have going on. they should be checking her wiring to see why she was so awful.

the nod at the end was fine, and it sets the show going in the right direction. however the story mechanism used to get there was clumsy at best.

i did enjoy that the mob contact the FBI guy has was an active. not totally surprising, but carried out well. 

Peter Ahlstrom:
Okay, you're right. That's a problem. I don't know why she didn't do a thing except let herself get kidnapped. Maybe there was some kind of trigger but it was set to go off later. Dunno.

Bookstore Guy:
exactly. I mean, it's pretty obvious the intention of the whole event - show Echo's adaptability, to show that something is going very wrong with the memory wipes, and to show that Echo has a connection to her "friend." it was just clumsily handled. All that said, i REALLY like the potential of the series. I'm excited for Friday. over the next few episodes is where things are supposed to show why the series will be great.

Fellfrosch:
Thus far I've really liked the show; I'm not just watching it because I hope it gets good, I think it's already more interesting than almost anything else on TV at the moment. I think the main problem people are having with it is that there is no consistent main character--but the head shake at the end was a very welcome way to start solving that problem.

My favorite character, for some reason, is the girl who lives across the hall from Helo. Probably because she's the only normal person in the show.

Sigyn:
I really enjoyed the third episode. Yes, some things happened because the plot required it, but it was still so enjoyable. I find this show really engaging, and I'm not sure why it seems like so many people don't think it's good. I'm not sure what they were expecting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version