Local Authors > Dan Wells

Now's your time, Dan...

(1/4) > >>

Peter Ahlstrom:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/18/arts/18arts-AUSTENMEETSA_BRF.html?_r=2&ref=arts

--- Quote ---For some viewers the idea of another Jane Austen-inspired period drama is sufficiently monstrous, but a coming film project seeks to update the formula with actual monsters, Variety reported. The movie “Pride and Predator,” directed by Will Clark and written by Mr. Clark with Andrew Kemble and John Pape, will juxtapose brooding aristocrats with a brutal alien that lands in 1800s-era Britain, attacking residents and leaving them with neither sense nor sensibility. The film, to be produced by Elton John’s Rocket Pictures, is the latest work to mix the hoary costume genre with elements of horror. A book called “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies,” credited to Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith and published by Quirk Books, will combine the Austen novel with “all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie action.” And a coming novel by Michael Thomas Ford called “Jane Bites Back” depicts Austen as a frustrated vampire, taking revenge on those who have made money from her work.
--- End quote ---

maxonennis:
Pitch A Night of Blacker Darkness to every publishing house NOW!

Silk:
Seems to be a lot of this going around lately.

Go get 'em, Fell.

Reaves:
lol yeah, I saw this on Patrick Rothfuss' blog. He's just like, "yeah...I find myself not caring."

Silk:
That's where I saw it too.  I had a similar reaction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version