Author Topic: You lookin at me?  (Read 8030 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: You lookin at me?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 06:39:33 AM »
This thread should be locked and erased on charges of pointlessness.
It's not pointless.

You are just WAY too young to understand what we're talking about. xD

EDIT: I mean that as in you weren't around when the Red Box was, not as in like a mean way.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:39:07 AM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Crusader808

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Sexy, Shoeless God of War
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 07:36:15 AM »
This thread should be locked and erased on charges of pointlessness.

Just because you don't get a joke doesn't make it pointless, even if it is pointless. Plus, it's in Rants. Rants need no point.
"I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals." Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 05:28:14 PM »
Rants need no point.
Ummm…I don't know if I would agree with that.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »
Hey Shaggy you are not alone. I haven't really been following this thread and don't really get what they are talking about either. Besides not every thread needs input from every member, if a thread doesn't interest you then just ignore it  ;)
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Crusader808

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »
Hey Shaggy you are not alone. I haven't really been following this thread and don't really get what they are talking about either. Besides not every thread needs input from every member, if a thread doesn't interest you then just ignore it  ;)

Words to live by. I don't post in threads that involve stuff I'm not into, because I won't be able to add anything constructive, things  like your goodbye post Shaggy. Constructive comments in random chatter threads (Like this one) means playing along. Not being a buzz-kill.

Just sayin.
"I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals." Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 08:01:10 PM »
Threads on TWG are supposed to have at least some substance. And I'm sorry, Crusader, but the first post that created this thread was rather lacking in that area. And ridiculous, too. No offense, but…level 2?? Come on. Saint Ehlers is a Level 96, and you expect to be honoured because you advanced ONE LEVEL?? My posts (in this topic) may not be constructive, but at least they have a point.…
The first post on this topic was an old role playing joke that a lot of us found funny Shaggy. 

I like you, but if you keep arguing on this topic other people will get angry at you, because from your side it's a losing battle.  We all found it funny and understand the joke. >>  Just letting you know.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Crusader808

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 08:01:29 PM »
Threads on TWG are supposed to have at least some substance. And I'm sorry, Crusader, but the first post that created this thread was rather lacking in that area. And ridiculous, too. No offense, but…level 2?? Come on. Saint Ehlers is a Level 96, and you expect to be honoured because you advanced ONE LEVEL?? My posts (in this topic) may not be constructive, but at least they have a point.…

Dude, the rants area states "stupid jokes" and the like. This isn't about a male member measuring thing (your level means jack-all-squat), its about making a joke about a milestone and then incorporating a splash of gaming humour in it. You didn't get it, fine. You still don't get it and likely after this post you probably still won't quite get it.

Folks on RPGnet make cracks about reaching a 100 posts followed by the traditional posts from the 10k people of "Piker!"  Its about being jocular with other posters. The moment you start taking the internet too seriously you act like...well like how you're acting now.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 11:04:05 PM »
OK, my bad. I totally apologize. I didn't know it was a joke–as you have said, I am young for this forum, and so do not know what people are talking about sometimes. My mistake; I hope you all can accept my apology. And…just for the record…if you look at it from my point of view, I'm not so out of line, because I didn't know where the joke was coming from (or indeed, that it was a joke).
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Crusader808

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 11:10:18 PM »
No sweat. I'll be posting something more mainstream shortly (zombies are mainstream right?)

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »
OK, good.
Haha why not? 8)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 11:21:10 PM »
No sweat. I'll be posting something more mainstream shortly (zombies are mainstream right?)
Only if said zombies have successfully integrated themselves into a Jane Austin novel.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »
Everyone knows zombies are BRAINstream!
[/pun]
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Crusader808

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 11:24:55 PM »
Only if said zombies have successfully integrated themselves into a Jane Austin novel.

Fine! For the record though, victorian romance and zombies are a tired cliche.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:49 PM »
Everyone knows zombies are BRAINstream!
[/pun]
ha ha ha.

@crusader - From what I hear it's making a comeback.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »

Fine! For the record though, victorian romance and zombies are a tired cliche.

Best. Cliche. EVER.

No debating this point is allowed. Any attempts will be met with "*Covers ears* I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU!!"
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.