Author Topic: Coraline - Digital 3D  (Read 1349 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Coraline - Digital 3D
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »
so the other night, I went and saw Coraline in digital 3D. I have to say, I was very impressed with digital 3D! For the first 10-15 minutes or so, my eyes kinda felt strained from the adjustment of the glasses (which fit OVER my glasses, by the way, so I could wear them both at once, don't know if this affected it) but after my eyes got used to it, it was no big deal. This was the first movie *I'd* ever watched in D-3D, but combined with the movie's style and imagery, made it a very unique cinematic experience. Anyone else watch any actual D-3D movies, this or others?

Also, The whole time watching the movie, I couldn't shake the thought of how awesome it would be for gaming.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Coraline - Digital 3D
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 03:32:28 AM »
I think this was well done. I first saw Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D. It was good, but when I compare it with what is happening now, I think there have been some big advancements. A lot has to do with the animators taking more advantage of the technology.

For example, in Nightmare Before Christmas, there are only a couple scenes where you can really see object coming at you. In Coraline, they are every where and they do even more complicated sequences playing with the viewers depth perception (like the flying dogs during the end credits).
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.