Author Topic: Happy Things 2009: We're Still Here  (Read 59104 times)

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
Re: Happy Things 2009: We're Still Here
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2009, 10:27:18 PM »
Got paid today! ...late again, sure, but hey. I got paid. :P

ps, wilson: in regards to prank number 1, you're welcome. ;) In regards to prank number 2, that's awesome.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 09, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
Wilson you are terribly awesome!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #347 on: December 13, 2009, 03:36:04 AM »
So. Update on the pranking. They found out my roommate and I did it. Because I told them. Or, rather, I told one of them.

It went down like this: On Wednesday night, I was talking to one of the guys, Chris. He told me he knew the other two apartments, 207 and 302, hadn't been in on it. So instead of pranking them, they were going to prank us and 104, our neighbors. I was confused about the addition of 104, because I barely even know who is in that apartment, and I didn't get why they would be pranked. Chris told me they had confessed to it. I told him they were trying to take credit for a prank they didn't pull, which he didn't believe because I'd just told him I had no real idea who had done it, I was just going off what my roommate had told me....

...I figured the motives for 104 had something to do with a guy in the apartment and them wanting attention and what-not. Since I disliked their motives and the fact that they were not among my initial targets nor did I like them taking credit for my prank, I told him I could tell him exactly who had done it, only I wasn't sure if I should, because I knew it would come back to bite me. He tried to stop me from telling him, telling me to think about it, but I'm like "No. I want to do this. But first, I want immunity." He gave me immunity, and then  I told him.

Later that night, I was at 207 and Chris was there. He told them they were lucky I'd spilled the beans, because they (his apartment) were going to get them (207 and 302) with everything they (his apartment) had. Which I was very unhappy about learning, because if I'd known he was still going to prank them (which he had told me they weren't going to), I wouldn't have told him I'd done it. I would've just said 104 had nothing to do with it, but prank them anyway because they apparently wanted to be pranked....But I played it off like it was all okay. I looked at the 207 girls and just said "See? You should be glad I said something!" But in my mind I was cursing my stupidity....So now I don't get to watch any prank war. But at least I don't have to watch my back either, thanks to my immunity....Shame I 'forgot' to get immunity for my roommate too, but whatever. :P
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 14, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »
tsk tsk.... Wilson this is why you deny everything!!!! Next time, do what my T-shirt says, blame it on the flying monkeys.  ::)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
I would've denied everything except that they knew I was involved more than I was letting on. The night before this, one of the guys , Chad, said something about his card. He's 28 and when I was writing the cards, it was taking me forever to figure out what to write for him. Finally, I got it. "Chad is the smartest if age is IQ," (Remember, this is finishing "roses are red, violets are blue"). Well, that night, he said something about his IQ being higher than the other guys and him being really smart, and I was trying not to laugh, but I couldn't stop myself. So they knew....They just didn't know how involved I was....

And it actually really is probably better that I said something. They were going to put dead animals (I don't know what) in 207's apartment....Dead animals is not funny. Dead animals is a very mean prank, and should never be used in retaliation for a very funny prank....

As for happy things though. I sat on Santa's lap yesterday and took a picture with him and most of my apartment. It was awesome. He gave me a Snickers and it was tasty.  Also, I'm done with classes on Thursday, and I'm going home on Friday....Happiness. No more school until April....Although I may visit Rexburg and possibly prank those guy's apartment again simply because they won't be able to get me back until April and it'll just be hilarious to do.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 17, 2009, 06:29:22 AM »
This year, I didn't have a single final in the Testing Center.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #351 on: December 17, 2009, 07:14:22 AM »
My two math finals today went well. Solid A's in both of those classes.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 17, 2009, 07:24:23 AM »
Lucky! I've never gotten an A in a math class. It's the one subject where no amount of effort will ever raise me above a B.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #353 on: December 17, 2009, 07:26:40 AM »
Well, I am a math major...

And honestly, that Matrix Theory class was cake. One of the easiest classes I've ever taken.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 18, 2009, 06:47:24 AM »
My History final went well yesterday!

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #355 on: December 22, 2009, 12:46:55 AM »
I discovered today at an eye exam that my vision is a little worse. However, this semi-grumpiness has turned into a good thing. Because I decided I wanted to try contacts for the first time in my life. And now I'm wearing a trial pair....

I have decided that I rather like not having to turn my head to look at things in my peripheral vision (so when I turn my head, they're no longer in my peripheral). Contacts are nice. :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 29, 2009, 09:38:49 PM »

I'm going to go take a shower and get dressed up so I can go to an interview for a promotion.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #357 on: December 29, 2009, 09:44:26 PM »

I'm going to go take a shower and get dressed up so I can go to an interview for a promotion.

interview for a promotion? Never heard of that. Everywhere i've ever worked the boss just like "Hey, jim, you're promoted"
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 30, 2009, 02:06:12 AM »

Yeah, it's kinda weird, but hey.  It's like team leaders said who they thought should get it and then they cut that number in half now are doing interviews to cut that number down.  Started at 56 is at 28, I'll know Friday or Monday if I make it to the <14 for the next group and 4 are getting hired.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #359 on: December 30, 2009, 04:30:09 AM »

Yeah, it's kinda weird, but hey.  It's like team leaders said who they thought should get it and then they cut that number in half now are doing interviews to cut that number down.  Started at 56 is at 28, I'll know Friday or Monday if I make it to the <14 for the next group and 4 are getting hired.

Well, best of luck, yo!
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.