Author Topic: 02/02/09 Hamster: Soul Taker Prologue and Chapter 1  (Read 3840 times)

Hamster

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 02/02/09 Hamster: Soul Taker Prologue and Chapter 1
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 02:31:33 AM »
Thanks for the tips maxonnis!

About my pov, well, it is only 3rd omniscient in chapter 1(which is now the prologue), but I think I need to change a lot about that in it, and your comments really make me feel like I need to.

If Taker can cut a harness from a horse while flipping in the air, why wouldn’t he had just killed a man—or two considering he did all of this effortlessly—while in the air instead of sending the horses running. If they are trained horses—I don’t know enough about your world yet to decipher where they are and how trained the soldiers are—, they would return to their homes, thus warning that something had happened the riders.
Well, his main goal was whatever was in the carriage, he knew that if he didn't take care of the horses first then they might run off with his prize, and he doesn't care if people know what happened to the guards( not riders, as the horses were pulling the carriage). He is more a brute assassin, finesse in his fighting, but not very subtle otherwise, not a spy/assassin; and it is actually part of his plan to let people know something happened( you'll find out more later, it's not riveting or anything, but it makes sense later on)

I take it that the man in the carriage wanted the guards to die because “his plan worked”, but if not, why would he let all the guards die before finally appearing?
this guy doesn't care about the guards, and because of the delicacy of what they were guarding, he would have killed them anyways, he let Arion kill them all because it saved him work. Also, he wanted to lull Arion into a false sense of security, partly because he's a little cruel, and partly even though it seemed like he totally dominated him in the fight, if Arion knew something was up, the man in the carriage would have to put up a fight. element of surprise my friend.

Hopefully this made sense to you, I'm not trying to be defensive or anything, so please tell me if my explanations don't make sense, but I think they do, thanks again for your comments!