Author Topic: Thoughts after finishing Elantris *Spoilers*  (Read 7064 times)

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts after finishing Elantris *Spoilers*
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 11:07:34 PM »
I loved the Elantris book. I wish there was more to the story.  Maybe in the future Brandon will come back to this world and expand upon it.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I think the story is complete as it is, and further pieces in that world would run the risk of ruining that completeness, and disrupting the atmosphere of the book. I think the fact that Elantris is only one book is rather beautiful in of itself, considering how well-satisfied the story left me feeling.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 11:59:51 PM »
I loved the book too, and sure, it's a complete story, but I'd still like to see more....And anyway, Brandon's already kind of said he'll come back to Scyla (isn't that the world's name?) and Elantris sometime.

http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6148.msg129376#msg129376

It's at the bottom of the post....(and I'm such a nerd, I've got that link saved, along with that post, and a bunch of others that I found on here from a long time ago....oh well...A BS nerd is much better than the normal kind of nerd....maybe  :P)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »
Haha definitely.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »
I don't really need the same characters back.  I just want more based in that world.  I really loved the magic system in this book, even though we did not get to see much of it due to it not working through most of the book.  I find that Brandon has alot of interesting magic systems though and like the change in pace from the traditional ones that exist in other fantasy books. 

I think he did leave openings for the same characters to make a return in future books though and would not be upset if they showed up.  ;)

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2009, 08:21:27 PM »
Exactly. I'd like to see more of the magic systems. And apparently, it's very probable that we'll get more of Dakhor....

http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=4890.0

That's probably the thread that I should've linked to before, but alas, it wasn't saved in that file....Now it will be...(I'm so lame...)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »
How is he going to have any time??!! He's got two books in the Warbreaker world coming. He's planning to write two more Mistborn TRILOGIES. He's got the WOT. He's got that 10 book series he wants to write: Way of Kings. He's got Alcatraz. Also wasn't he thinking of making Scribbler publishable?

There must be at least three of him. Thats right, ladies and gentlemen; Brandon has cloned himself. Why he hasn't ditched this writing crap and started making millions I'll never know.

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."      -Sherlock Holmes
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
Wait. Two more books in the Warbreaker world, or two counting Warbreaker...So Warbreaker and Nightblood.....I loved Warbreaker so I'll be ecstatic if it's the first....

And Brandon clones! Now he can be even more prolific!

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 09:07:03 PM »
I meant counting warbreaker.
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 10:52:35 PM »
I don't really need the same characters back.  I just want more based in that world.  I really loved the magic system in this book, even though we did not get to see much of it due to it not working through most of the book.
I agree. The magic system is so ingenious.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »
I had read that he had another book planned for the world a while back. It just slipped my mind.  The same article had the list of what he had planned to write. His plans are very extensive.  I know his next project is Way of Kings after AMoL, but he did state that he was going to release other books during the time he is writing Way of Kings.  Hopefully one of these will be he sequel to Elantris.  I would definitely like to read more about the Dakhor.  From reading Elantris I figure that just about anything is possible with AonDor if you can figure out how to write it.  But we don't have a whole lot of information on what the Dakhor are really capable of.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2009, 04:37:06 PM »
Honestly, my first thought was (and I finished the book like right after it came out and didn't know much about Brandon yet) 'Where is the book about Hrathen and his past?'  Ha ha.

I totally loved him, his character, and I was totally intrigued and wanted to know more about his religion and theology.  I really wanted a book about someone from his world being a hero and destroying some 'hero' infidel. xD

((WAY OFF TOPIC: Guess who's back! :D))
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2009, 06:22:40 PM »
MIYABI!!! welcome back!!

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2009, 08:12:42 PM »
Blast. He's back....My goal has been ruined. (My goal was to pass up Miyabi and therefore regain the mystery that is the next title....Sad day  :'()

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »
LOL.  SORRY!  The title is MINE BUAHAHA.

However, we are now off topic.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。