Author Topic: Mistborn Map Question  (Read 1659 times)

Khale

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Mistborn Map Question
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »
I just started listening to The Final Empire (downloaded from Audible.com) and want to know if there is a way to see the maps that are in the book.  One big downfall of audio books is that you don't get the books illustrations.

Also, anyone know if book 2 has been released on audio?

Thanks.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Map Question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »
Book 2 has not been released yet, but it should be within a couple months.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »
no idea on the maps, but you bring up a good point...though if you are listening to books while driving, it worries me that you wanna gaze at a map  :P

shoot Brandon an email. Im sure he can arrange a place to download then if he hasn't already. I'm sure the artist, Isaac wouldn't mind.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 06:40:28 PM »
The maps are in the electronic copy of Mistborn: The Final Empire that Tor.com was giving away for awhile.  I don't know if they're still doing that, though.
He ate my horse.

Khale

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »
no idea on the maps, but you bring up a good point...though if you are listening to books while driving, it worries me that you wanna gaze at a map  :P

shoot Brandon an email. Im sure he can arrange a place to download then if he hasn't already. I'm sure the artist, Isaac wouldn't mind.

I got a good chuckle out of that.  Considering I live in Southern California, most of the time while driving I am not moving due to the crazy traffic.  Actually, considering the first book is over 24 hours of listening, there is ample time to look at the maps when I am not driving.  ;D

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 07:34:02 PM »
I shot Isaac an email to see if he has any info. i'll update when he gets back to me.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:39:24 PM »
k, got ahold of Isaac, and he reminded me that he sold the rights to the artwork to Brandon. He used to have them on his website, but doesnt feel totally right with keeping them up now. So, he's gonna talk to brandon to have him put them up on the main website for download.  I dont have a timetable, but i doubt it would be a hard thing to do. hopefully they will be up soon.

hope i helped.

EDIT: Isaac might also get permission from Brandon to put them up on his own site. he'll let me know. When I know, i'll link it here.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:55:08 PM by Used to be an Important Bookstore Guy »

Khale

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »
Thanks for the great assistance.  :)