Author Topic: Looking for Someone to do a Read  (Read 4572 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: Looking for Someone to do a Read
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 06:36:41 AM »
Well, that's gonna suck when some of us who are utilizing it go over level 38...Of course, that's a LONG way off, but....yeah.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 06:49:51 PM »
Maybe that will be the incentive all you RE people need to quit incessantly posting silly things in the Titles thread.   ;)

Kidding, I don't much care about the silly posts, I just find it ironic that many of those posters are RE people, and that trying to level up quickly will now work against you.
He ate my horse.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »
I don't think it will really matter. Its not that hard to create a smurf account is it? 
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 07:50:07 PM »
I guess it's a good thing the Titles thread has pretty much died off now, then....And it's actually funny that you mention that, because that's exactly what I thought of when I read Sprig's post--"shoot. Why was I trying to level so much?"

And good point, Reaves. Good point. I really don't think it'll get to that point, but if it ever does....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »
There's a bug with the reading excuses forum where you can only see it if you're an admin, mod or between levels 1-38, if you're higher level you can't see the forum. I can't change the permissions on it so I don't know what I can do outside of letting everyone see it or deleteing it and starting over.
LOL! Not the answer I expected. Is this a Simple Machines bug or something specific to this implementation? Could you make a new forum and move all the threads, or would giving it the same restrictions make it have the same bug?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 09:50:56 PM »
it's some SMF bug, it's not registering the change request and I can't figure out how the permissions are being stored properly in the Database (it's really funky) or I'd just manually add them.   I'm going to try and play around with it some this week, I'll let you know what I find out.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.