Poll

Do you think that many of the major characters will be killed in "A Memory of Light?"

All of them (Rand included)
4 (6.8%)
Only one or two
27 (45.8%)
Only (all of) the bad guys
6 (10.2%)
They'll all survive (not really possible)
1 (1.7%)
Only Rand and the bad guys
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: A Memory of Light  (Read 85575 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: A Memory of Light
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2009, 04:32:09 AM »
I'm allowed to make mistakes...one of the privliges of good looks...  ;)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 21, 2009, 07:27:56 PM »
That is a very shallow and narrow-minded point of view, I think. And a false one, that also holds little or no importance to any of us because our only means of communication is through a computer, where your 'good looks' count for nothing.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 22, 2009, 12:07:17 AM »
Its called a sense of humor... i was blowing off a mistake on my part...geez i thought it was obvious (in addition you could say you believe it to be false but you can't prove it as you previously mentioned, don't try to be smart you come off stupid by doing so).

Anyways Eldia is a bitch in nature-i dont believe she is evil- her dispostion just sucks!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Jet Li360

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 22, 2009, 06:48:11 AM »
I think the wheel of time is a great series. This last book has got to be amazing, I can't wait for it to come out. Anyways, I hope not all the characters die, just maybe some of the lesser liked characters. The way Jordan has developed his books amazes me, I am really interested to read how it will end.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 22, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »
Its called a sense of humor... i was blowing off a mistake on my part...geez i thought it was obvious (in addition you could say you believe it to be false but you can't prove it as you previously mentioned, don't try to be smart you come off stupid by doing so).
As was previously discussed in several different threads, sarcasm is a rather pointless tool to use over the Internet. Half of sarcasm is your tone, how you say it and facial expression. So sarcasm is (sometimes) difficult to pick up over the Internet. The same thing goes for certain kinds of humor. And the ' ;)' that you put allowed me to pick up that you were kidding, but you obviously thought that had some bearing in the real world.

I don't need to try to be smart–it comes rather naturally to me. For you, on the other hand…I fear that a strong effort just might be necessary. And aside from your 'sense of humor,' I think I have also picked up on what type of person you are, which may not be a godo thing for you.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 22, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »
I would rather not bicker with cretins over the net... you are obviously trying to impress persons you will never meet. GROW UP! and anyways this tangent is off topic started by you antagonizing me for no other reason than your simplemindedness. Get back on the topic which i believe to be AMoL not bickering with random people.

Hamster

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 22, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »
Hey Kaz, don't worry, the sarcasm was fairly obvious, and it was funny.

sorry Shaggy, you did miss the point of it, and I'm not under the impression that he thought looks had real bearing in making up for mistakes at all, it was all a joke.

But then again, maybe only us good looking guys understand our jokes  ;)  (btw Shaggy, this is a joke here)

P.S. Shaggy, sorry if this comes across as rude or mocking you for not getting it, I'm just asking you to think about what you say and try not to be too rude before responding with those types of comments.

Back on Topic: I definitely think that was the Creator talking to Rand at Tarwin's Gap, nothing else makes much sense at all, except for Padywhak's theory, that one pretty credible. ::)

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 22, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »
Yeah the last thing we want is this thread to turn into a flame war and having it locked. We don't all have to be friends but we can be civil.

As for the Voice heard at Tarwin Gap I'm starting to wonder about it being the DO. I mean if he is challenging Rand to try and do what he needs to do as opposed to just giving up or giving in to the DO. It would be interesting if it was the Creator as that would be the only instance of him saying anything or doing anything. It is odd though what was Rand attempting that he shouldn't attempt yet?

If the Creator was judging Rand not ready to face the DO yet how will Rand know he is ready? Will there be some divine sign or something? I really did like the thought Rand was having about the last three seals "It would only take one person with a hammer to smash all three". It made me think of Perrin and what if they declared their readiness by smashing the three seals? Afterall the rubble needs to be cleared before the Bore can be remade again or resealed.

We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 22, 2009, 10:48:14 PM »
Well it was the first time that anyone had used untainted saidin since the Breaking. That might have caught his attention.

Of course, you can easily ask why all male channelers aren't hearing the Creator now that they are using clean saidin. I can only think of two answers:
1.) It was a one time thing, a special "revelation" to the Dragon who was using clean saidin for the first time.
2.) Saidin was not cleansed. In the books RJ has been careful to point out that no living male channelers besides Rand and the Forsaken have actually touched clean saidin. For Rand he hardly knew what he was doing, and the Forsaken would hardly come forward with the information.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:51:49 PM by Reaves »
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 23, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »
Well it was the first time that anyone had used untainted saidin since the Breaking. That might have caught his attention.

Of course, you can easily ask why all male channelers aren't hearing the Creator now that they are using clean saidin. I can only think of two answers:
1.) It was a one time thing, a special "revelation" to the Dragon who was using clean saidin for the first time.
2.) Saidin was not cleansed. In the books RJ has been careful to point out that no living male channelers besides Rand and the Forsaken have actually touched clean saidin. For Rand he hardly knew what he was doing, and the Forsaken would hardly come forward with the information.

You're forgetting that Rand has memories from LTT.  LTT claims, from Rand's POV, that Saidin has been cleansed.  Good enough for me.
Nature hates being reified.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 23, 2009, 01:58:37 AM »
One final point in this argument: Kaz, if you want to end an argument, it is best not to insult other people. If you are trying to end a fight, that's probably not the path to take. I apologize for being rude; I see that it was a joke, and that I reacted badly. My apologies.

On topic–what is 'LTT?'
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 23, 2009, 02:15:05 AM »
Lews Therin Telamon.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2009, 02:15:47 AM »
Oh, thanks.

You're forgetting that Rand has memories from LTT.  LTT claims, from Rand's POV, that Saidin has been cleansed.  Good enough for me.
But isn't LTT insane?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 23, 2009, 02:19:00 AM »
Yes, but I don't think his insanity is of a kind likely to affect his ability to notice the taint, or to make him lie about it.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2009, 02:41:46 AM »
I don't think it's really a matter of intention–he is quite likely delusional. However, I'm not saying that you're wrong–I actually agree with you. I'm just saying that maybe it's better not to base that conclusion on the fact that LTT thinks so.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.