Poll

Do you think that many of the major characters will be killed in "A Memory of Light?"

All of them (Rand included)
4 (6.8%)
Only one or two
27 (45.8%)
Only (all of) the bad guys
6 (10.2%)
They'll all survive (not really possible)
1 (1.7%)
Only Rand and the bad guys
21 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: A Memory of Light  (Read 88734 times)

Rrikor

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A Memory of Light
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2009, 04:06:33 PM »
That is alot for 2 cents,  I think you owe me more.

Anyways, I agree that the dark ones prison will have to be resealed completely and not just patched in order for the wheel to continue on.  I am wondering how this will be done.  It is stated many times that the creator bound the dark one in his prison.  If this is true then wouldn't the creator have to rebind him.  If thats the case we are out of luck because the creator does not take a dirrect hand in events. 

I believe that it is also possible, if unlikely, that they will find some way to "break" the wheel, or maybe I should say "bend", that will end the cycle of the battle witht he Dark One and start a new story that will be repeated over and over again. :P 

Either way I do not think Rand will die. I think just the voice in his head will die.  If he dies it will be more like a Harry Potter death in which he dies but not really. :P

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »

Either way I do not think Rand will die. I think just the voice in his head will die.  If he dies it will be more like a Harry Potter death in which he dies but not really. :P

i was thinking of a Potter-esque death as well but for me that would be too predictable. I think it needs to be different,   Theres the whole thing about his blood on the rocks of SG so theres gonna at least be some serious bleeding if he wants to win, but from the start I never really took that to mean he died although thats what he seemed to think.

Anyways, I agree that the dark ones prison will have to be resealed completely and not just patched in order for the wheel to continue on.  I am wondering how this will be done.  It is stated many times that the creator bound the dark one in his prison.  If this is true then wouldn't the creator have to rebind him.  If thats the case we are out of luck because the creator does not take a dirrect hand in events. 

There has to be a way for it to be done, this isnt the 1st turning of the wheel so it had to have been done before although too long ago for even the slightest memory to remain. "The wheel of time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again". Maybe they find a way to do it, maybe the creator does lend a hand (there was the voice at Tarwins Gap to kinda show that he/she/it is paying some kinda attention) but either way its been done on all the other turns of the wheel so it has to be done again somehow

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 18, 2009, 03:32:19 AM »
Rand is my favorite character, primarly to his developmental process, but I'm not so sure that him living makes a good ending... Sure if he dies all be as close to tears as any book/movie can get me (probably more) but doesn't it cheapen the price of salvation? Anyway if Rand lives someone big has got to die!

P.S. I love Faile, I mean you have to have a twit everyone hates Mr. Rigney did that and she is a ******* (fill it in however you like). It's not human if everyone is likeable....
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 18, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »

There has to be a way for it to be done, this isnt the 1st turning of the wheel so it had to have been done before although too long ago for even the slightest memory to remain. "The wheel of time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again". Maybe they find a way to do it, maybe the creator does lend a hand (there was the voice at Tarwins Gap to kinda show that he/she/it is paying some kinda attention) but either way its been done on all the other turns of the wheel so it has to be done again somehow

I always figured that the voices was our first instance of seeing Rand hearing the voice of Lews Therin.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »
That voice being Lews Therin doesn't make any sense, though, it just doesn't match at all with any of the kinds of things he says or how he says them.  The subject matter, coherency, volume, style, etc. are all completely different from Lews Therin and it's way too early - Rand hasn't channeled more than half a dozen times, ever, by that point.  Plus there's the whole "I can't interfere" part of it and dumping all the responsibility on the "chosen one".  That voice being the creator is the only explanation of it I've ever heard that makes any sense.

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 18, 2009, 11:54:28 PM »
*runs off to check the book before saying anything*

the voice he hears at tarwins gap presents alot like the voice of the DO when the forsaken go to SG, with it being all in capitals and not from shouting just coz of the sheer force of the voice and with the way it vibrates his skull.  The fact hes not at SG and the fact its basically saying hes the 1 chosen to defeat the DO i think we can cross him off the list so that pretty much just leaves the creator. unless theres some other god-like powers that we haven't been told about lol

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 19, 2009, 01:15:25 AM »
the voice he hears at tarwins gap presents alot like the voice of the DO when the forsaken go to SG, with it being all in capitals and not from shouting just coz of the sheer force of the voice and with the way it vibrates his skull.  The fact hes not at SG and the fact its basically saying hes the 1 chosen to defeat the DO i think we can cross him off the list so that pretty much just leaves the creator. unless theres some other god-like powers that we haven't been told about lol
Or he's just insane.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 19, 2009, 01:53:30 AM »
Too early for that, it's only the fourth or fifth time he channels.  If he started going insane that quickly he would have gotten a lot worse before Winter's Heart than he did.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 19, 2009, 02:50:55 AM »
Too early for that, it's only the fourth or fifth time he channels.  If he started going insane that quickly he would have gotten a lot worse before Winter's Heart than he did.
Maybe he's not insane 'cause of the channeling. Maybe he just has a disease.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 19, 2009, 03:50:21 AM »
Now you're just arguing for the sake of the argument.

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 19, 2009, 04:51:25 AM »
Maybe he's not insane 'cause of the channeling. Maybe he just has a disease.

yes and maybe the 1 of the pink psychiatrist ajah will prescribe him some risperidone and cure him  ::) maybe hes not really the dragon reborn and hes just suffering from delusions of grandeur

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2009, 10:16:53 PM »
I hate to tell you it's Risperdal....im the voice in your head .... i should know my weakness.... woops said too much!
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »
Now you're just arguing for the sake of the argument.
Or to show all possibilities and eliminate them.

Padywhak– maybe. You never know.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

padywhak

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 20, 2009, 02:29:12 AM »
I hate to tell you it's Risperdal....im the voice in your head .... i should know my weakness.... woops said too much!

risperdal is the brand name of the product lol risperidone is the drugs actual name ;D

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 20, 2009, 03:23:09 AM »
OK…thanks for that…kind of unrelated though.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.