Author Topic: Final Fantasy Crystal Defender  (Read 5942 times)

Captain_Squally

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Dum de dum AH MY HAND!
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Crystal Defender
« on: December 27, 2008, 10:23:08 PM »
It's a new tower defense game on the iPhone, Final Fantasy themed, of course.  Anyone play this yet?  I'm addicted and can't put it down.

The interface is completely stupid.  Half the screen is a four direction touch pad just to move the cursor around the other half of the screen, which has all the action crammed into it.  It's not too horrible and once you get past that the game itself is pretty great.

You get to choose from a bunch of classes to place as your units, drawn from the DS Final Fatasy Tactics it looks like.  You have units like soliders for melee, archers and black mages that can shoot ranged, time mages to slow units down, thieves to loot corpses and increase your gil income, and even dragoons that hop all around the screen inflicting massive damage albeit at a slow rate.  On top of all that you can place crystals by your units to augment their attack power, range or attack speed, which adds some nice depth to your unit placements.

It's a pretty challenging game, I can only get to about Wave 20 or so on the easiest maps.  Right now I'm trying to figure out a nice balance between paying to level up my characters and paying to place new characters on the map.  It's hard to determine which is more effective, but once I figure it out I'm sure I'll bring some serious annihilation.

Anyone else have this game yet?  Let's talk strategies!

hoid354

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Crystal Defender
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:54:12 AM »
I downloaded the Lite version on my newly-bought iPod Touch... i didn't like it that much. I don't even know why i'm posting. Now this thread will die for good. Most likely