Author Topic: 8 bit theatre.....the end?  (Read 13297 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 8 bit theatre.....the end?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 02:54:11 AM »
Oh its fine. I actually have been back to the site since and it worked fine. I was strange but whatever. As long as I can keep reading the comic while working I should be fine.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 06:33:36 PM »
I love 8 bit theater.  I'm not fully up to date, but I go and read the newest few every now and again and was laughing pretty hardcore when I read the post about the fake ending.

Well played.  I still show all my friends the first 10-15 strips of that comic.  Fighter+MB is epic.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 04:54:33 AM »
The ending was... not skilfully done, to say the least. Can't say I care to pick up any of Brian's other stuff.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 06:58:50 AM »
The ending was... not skilfully done, to say the least. Can't say I care to pick up any of Brian's other stuff.

To be fair, last i heard, he said he still had like two more strips to do, and this was posted AFTER the current strip was put up. The strip there was posted march 20th, and he posted on the 31st:

"No, 8-bit isn’t quite finished yet. We’re done with the meat of the thing, all that’s left is a page or two where we throw the bones into the trash.

In the meantime, help me help you help…me helping…uh.

Whatever, shut up."

Though, honestly, i havent picked up any of his other stuff, and dont have any plans to, and have basically just been waiting for 8-bit to end so i can get on with my life :P
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »
His latest news post said:

"Okay, lemme answer a lot of email right here: Yes, that was the end of 8-bit Theater. There might be an epilogue at some unscheduled time in the future. I’m not sure what some of you are looking for in more pages, but I can just about promise you won’t find it in anything I have to add."

I don't know. I knew I would be disappointed in the ending, since he meanders so much in the second 500 episodes. I was right. Though it did end on a higher note, at least.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »
His latest news post said:

"Okay, lemme answer a lot of email right here: Yes, that was the end of 8-bit Theater. There might be an epilogue at some unscheduled time in the future. I’m not sure what some of you are looking for in more pages, but I can just about promise you won’t find it in anything I have to add."

I don't know. I knew I would be disappointed in the ending, since he meanders so much in the second 500 episodes. I was right. Though it did end on a higher note, at least.

I see. Hadn't read that one. Well, that sucks. Terrible ending, but can't say that's surprising....
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.