Poll

Do you want to write a brief paragraph with every submission to review your work that has gone before.

Yes
14 (93.3%)
No
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 28, 2008, 04:26:58 AM

Author Topic: A poll for "Just a thought"  (Read 2270 times)

Necroben

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
A poll for "Just a thought"
« on: December 18, 2008, 04:26:58 AM »
This is a poll of Silk's question in "Just a thought."  I just thought it would be easier to keep up with if we had it (the votes) here.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
Re: A poll for "Just a thought"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 05:02:24 AM »
I would love to, however, ideally everyone would have already read the chapters previous (even if they didn't critique), and would only need a brief reminder. But, yes, I'm all for it.
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Silk

• Staff
  • Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 06:06:17 AM »
Ben's all about the polls.

To answer your thought from the previous thread, Ben: I don't mean anything really onerous, like a detailed synopsis. I'm thinking of just two or three sentences, or even just copy-pasting the last paragraph of the previous submission into the new document.

Alternatively, everyone could just send out the same document each time and add to it - like first submission would be chapter one, second submission would be chapter one and two, and then all everyone would have to do would be to say "new stuff starts on page - ".

Just something to get people back into each submission without actually having to hunt down the previous file and reread it.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 06:12:22 AM »
Ben's all about the polls.

To answer your thought from the previous thread, Ben: I don't mean anything really onerous, like a detailed synopsis. I'm thinking of just two or three sentences, or even just copy-pasting the last paragraph of the previous submission into the new document.

Alternatively, everyone could just send out the same document each time and add to it - like first submission would be chapter one, second submission would be chapter one and two, and then all everyone would have to do would be to say "new stuff starts on page - ".

Just something to get people back into each submission without actually having to hunt down the previous file and reread it.

I could go for that.  I just have so much other writing to do that I kinda have to jealously guard the time I schedule for it.  Sorry if seem negative.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Flo_the_G

• Level 6
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:47 AM »
I think most of the time a single sentence would suffice: "Frodo finds ring, leaves home."
Next time it'd be "Frodo finds ring, leaves home, meets Strider."
You can't consider writing that little work, but it should be enough to get everyone back on track for the next part. Also, it takes far less time to read that one sentence than to reread everything sent before, or even only the last paragraph (plus it gives more info). Re-sending everything and then saying where the new part begins could be a real timesink, what with ever growing file sizes and all that. Easier to add a one-sentence summary of what happened before.

Manyang

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »
I'm with Twinky.

(I need a shirt with that line..)

wcarter4

• Level 5
  • I didn't do it I swear.
    • View Profile
    • technight
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 06:45:14 PM »
I'm all for recaps. Now to get back to work, I promise to finish critiquing everyone tomorrow.
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.