Author Topic: Table of Allomantic Metals *Spoilers*  (Read 18648 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Table of Allomantic Metals *Spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 09:16:05 PM »
Did anyone click it? ;)

Shouldn't be long now.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 09:20:26 PM »
Will it be up before 3pm?
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »
It's up, and I got it.

Phaz

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
Paypal is horrible.... took me at least 8 minutes to get my order in after it kept trying to force me to choose certain things (such as payment method/card) that I didn't want to choose.  Then after changing the shipping address to where I work (where someone is always able to sign/receive something) it defaulted it back to another address.....

Anyone know if there is someone I can contact to get the shipping info changed?  It's not a huge deal but would certainly save a hassle and a bit of driving.

That was quite frustrating.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:49:01 PM by Phaz »

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »
Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, Phaz. It owuld be nice if there were something we could do about that...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 10:01:15 PM »
Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, Phaz. It owuld be nice if there were something we could do about that...

Would it be possible to change the shipping address?  I can email the order info, address it's shipping to and the one I'd prefer.

Overall, it's not a huge deal.  I'm sure I'll get the print and very much enjoy it, and hopefully still get a low number even if it wasn't as low as it could of been.

Also, as per Brandon's post... I am willing to buy just about anything you guys put out, especially things that are collectors/limited edition type stuff.

I'd certainly buy 'special' copies of the books (Like the seemingly impossible to get a hold of leather bound WoT copies).  The nightblood sword would be a sure thing, however it came, though with a sheath would be cool.

Other things I think would be neat are coins made of different metals from the Mistborn world with the symbol for the metal on the back.  A fairly large (like a small, thickish, clock) metal disc of the allomantic table with each symbol made in the metal it represents (or something close to it).  Prints of maps from the books, etc.  A set of occulator glasses with different colored lenses to put on display would be pretty cool as well, same thing with some inquisitor/koloss spikes.

Another thing that would be nice is buying all brandon's works as a signed/personalized 'set'.   I tend to lend out copies all the time and it would be kind of nice to pick up a couple of those to restock the shelves on the bookcase with a little message from Brandon knowing that's what they are used for.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:03:44 PM by Phaz »

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »
SOMEbody here got #1.

Phaz, send your info to [email protected] and she can probably get it shipped to the right place.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:25:35 PM by Peter Ahlstrom »

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 11:08:34 PM »
Just thought i'd respond to brandon'sw question.
yes. i am interested in almost anything you guys make as collector's items. being the poor college student that i am i am not sure i would be able to buy the more expensive things (though i might have to just suck it up and get a Nightblood), but posters and small collectable would be great.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 11:45:33 PM »
SOMEbody here got #1.

Oh, please tell who it was :)

For the items Brandon talked about in his blog post, I would love Feruchemy and Hemalurgy posters. If they had different artwork from the Allomantic ones, that would make it even sweeter.

I'd love a Nightblood, too. Maybe I should allocate a substantial "Brandon Sanderson" fee in my budget I'm allocating now...

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 11:49:25 PM »
That sounds like a great plan. I would do it too, if I had money to allocate to a budget. Curse my lack of sufficient income and/or desire to apply to numerous colleges who like charging large application fees!!!
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 12:12:21 AM »
Chaos, you were indeed #1 by a good 5 minutes. Guess your constant reloading paid off.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 12:21:52 AM »
That's pretty sweet.

shnar

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2009, 12:29:54 AM »
I guess we'll have to RAFO if/when he returns to Mistborn to make a later series...

Bumped into Brandon at the theaters the other day (we were seeing Mike Nelson and the bots from Rifftrax riffing Plan9) and asked him that very question. He said that he has other stories he wants to write, will of course be brand new characters, but all in the "new world". However, right now he's very sidetracked by the Wheel of Time series (for which he's rather excited).

He also hinted at a Mistborn movie deal...

-shnar

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2009, 02:42:43 AM »
At least 51 have now been sold. They're going fast!

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2009, 05:57:58 AM »
Gggghhhhhkkkk. Anyone have a handy method of instantly conjuring $50?