Author Topic: Mistborn Miniatures Now Available  (Read 2466 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Mistborn Miniatures Now Available
« on: December 13, 2008, 03:13:46 AM »
Mistborn miniatures and figurines are now available for sale at Garden Ninja Painting Studio.

The minis come in four sculpts (Vin, Kelsier, a Steel Inquisitor, and a Koloss) and in three finishes (unpainted, hand painted, and finished pewter.)

We're very excited about these, and would love for you to check them out.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

maxonennis

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Miniatures Now Available
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 04:40:26 AM »
One Koloss yard gnome, please. Maybe that will keep the neighbors kids out of my yard.
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

SirZelig

• Level 3
  • I'm not crazy! It's you who is normal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 12:27:54 PM »
hmmm a Vin body pillow prz  ::)
"All because of you
I believe in angels.
Not the kind with wings,
no, not the kind with halos;
the kind that bring you home
when home becomes a strange place.
I'll follow your voice;
all you have to do is
shout it out!"
Rise Against- The Good Left Undone

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »
wow, those vision look nothing like how I envisioned them.... odd...

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:33:45 AM »
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed.

I don't play any of the games that use miniatures, so I don't know what defines quality, and I'd imagine that getting a high level of realistic detail in something so small is very very difficult, and for the purpose (of using these in games like that) they are great.

However, for someone like me, who loves Mistborn, and loves merchandise, I just don't see myself buying these.  The Koloss and Inquisitor don't look that bad, but the head/face/hair on Kell and Vin just doesn't look that great at all to me.

If I played any of those games, I'm sure I'd buy them, but in this case, I'd be much happier to pay 5x what these cost (or whatever it would end up being)  for a nice (metal of course) detailed figure that is maybe 3x-4x that size.  That is the kind of thing I'd invest in to set on my desk.

Craysh

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »
LOL Pewter figurines? Ironic as hell!

Vatdoro

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 08:58:02 PM »
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed.

I don't know if the miniature company is looking for feedback, or if they even read these forums. If they do, then here's my feedback. Like Phaz, I'm not a RPGer either. (Although I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out.) I admit I really don't have any experience with miniatures or the like, but I am a fan of different fantasy series that have accompanying miniatures for some of the characters. I sometimes check GRRM's blog in hopes of any update on ADWD (which there never are), but I digress. There are often posts on his blog about new ASOIAF miniatures. These posts often annoy me because it's another post with no hint he's even working on ADWD, but I digress ... again.

Here is a link to those miniatures. http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/grrm.htm

I'm no miniature expert (or even novice) but I think they look pretty cool. If I was into RPG games I think I would definitely buy them.

Having said that about those miniatures, my first thought when I saw the Mistborn miniatures was "are you serious?". To me they look like ugly cartoon versions of the characters. I think the  Koloss looks how I imagined them, but the rest seem ugly, unrealistic, and out of proportion. I would suggest making new ones that have the same level of detail and realism as the miniatures I linked to above.