hemalurgy
1 (2.1%)
aon dor
4 (8.5%)
awakening
4 (8.5%)
dakhor monks
1 (2.1%)
Jindonese version of dor ( like the guy with the sword who started glowing)
0 (0%)
occular
1 (2.1%)
talents
2 (4.3%)
lightweaving
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: best magic system  (Read 6482 times)

achren99

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: best magic system
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »
One thing I really like about Awakening is that ANYONE can become an awakener.  It's not just an accident of birth.  Of course, you have to steal from other people...

I picked Feruchemy because it feels like something I can control more.  I put more effort in, I get the rewards later--never having to worry about running out of a metal supplier or something.  I also would like to be able to store so much knowledge.  If I actually had to choose between becoming a Feruchamist and an Allomancer--*yeesh* I don't know what I'd do.  They'd both be fabulous. 

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 11:45:54 PM »
One thing I really like about Awakening is that ANYONE can become an awakener.  It's not just an accident of birth.  Of course, you have to steal from other people...

That's what I really liked about Awakening.  I liked Alomancy the most (though, Hemuralgy was straight up awesome).  But the Awakeners were so cool.

Vasher+Nightblood is so freaking awesome.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

trytoguess

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 06:51:45 AM »
I'll take Feruchemy. The ability to store memory is far too tempting. And the ability to store health and age would (paradoxically maybe) help me live longer, or just better at the very least.

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »
I'll take Feruchemy. The ability to store memory is far too tempting. And the ability to store health and age would (paradoxically maybe) help me live longer, or just better at the very least.

Yeah, the ability to store memory would be awesome.  As a scholar, that does indeed interest me.  Who says I don't have Kwaan's fabled memory, though.    ;)  I'm cheating.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2008, 02:42:38 AM »
- - POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT (HOA) - -
No question in my mind, Allomancy. While the others our cool, they just don't compare in my mind. When I think of Allomancy, I think of the fight with Vin at the end of HoA... literally, awesome. Maybe, I'm crazy power mad and overly violent, but, I'm sorry; buildings collapsing is cool.
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 02:47:33 PM »
I would agree but most mistborn couldn't achieve that feat.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2008, 03:22:49 AM »
I voted for allomancy, partly because i know the most about it. I'm now thinking i would change it to Talents. It would be awesome to have an excuse for being late and stuff! ;D

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 05:34:35 AM »
Awww I can't change my vote. I want to vote for Talents!  :D

Me too!

My Talent would be remembering random facts of information! Oh wait, I already have that talent......

But the Atium-Grandpa Smedry fight seems cool.The Atium would see a future Grandpa.... and Grandpa would take FOREVER getting to that future. He might even be able to put on a lense on the way....

Zas
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:42:36 AM by Zas678 »
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 04:50:14 AM »
I rememberd the name of the jindoese form of the Dor, it's called Clay Shan (sp?)
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 03:27:05 AM »
Chay Shan, i believe (i'm trying to convert my friend, he has my copy of elantris). Talents are awesome though! I want to change my vote too! My talent would be forgetting things  ;D (i dont think that would help in any way, at all)