Author Topic: NBA Basketball (Focus: Bad Trading Moves)  (Read 1291 times)

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
NBA Basketball (Focus: Bad Trading Moves)
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:41:09 AM »
This year, the NBA has seen some drastic trades. First, the Knicks traded two of their top scorers, Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford, and Mardy Collins for Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas. They did this in order to free up salary-cap space for the summer of 2010, where they hope to get a superstar. Maybe it will help them in the end, but right now, they're not doing too well. In my opinion, the Knicks' managers are doing too many things, too fast. They are making so many trades and general changes, desperately searching for something that will work. But changes don't happen in an instant!!! You have to give players a time to settle, to get used to their teammates. Continuing to change their roster every five minutes will NOT WORK. Any other thoughts?

Second are the Detroit Pistons. They recently traded Chauncey Billups , Antonio McDyess,  and Cheikh Samb for top-scorer Allen Iverson. What were they THINKING??? They gave up an All-Star point guard and former MVP (2004) who has been the Pistons' starting point guard for what, four years? Five? There is no doubt that Iverson is an amazing player. None at all. But he isn't a team player. The Pistons had a team chemistry that is very rare and very valuable! Big Ben's move to Chicago was a big disappointment, but that doesn't mean you have to chop away MORE good players! I would LOVE to know what Joe Dumars and the other managers were thinking in making this move. What's your opinion?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.