Author Topic: Prince of Persia  (Read 6734 times)

CSmythe

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of Persia
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 11:47:04 PM »
I am playing through it now and enjoying it quite a bit. I have found myself frustrated a few times by certain puzzles where, as was said you can easily "die" dozens of times just because you miss a single button press or are trying to figure out what you need to do next at warp speed since the Prince never really stops moving.  I seriously doubt that I will be going back to find all the light seeds I missed, I am sort of working under the assumption that some of them can't even be acquired until you gain more abilities and I have yet to double back and collect them.

All in all the game is an exciting experience and a ton of fun to play. Even the frustrating moments come with the great sense of accomplishment when you have the timing worked out.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 03:04:53 AM »
My brother got this game, and I've been watching him play it a bit. To be honest, I'm not very impressed. The graphics really turn me off, and I've seen better games where a major pull is the acrobatics. (Assassin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden 2) Also, while I haven't watched him play it a lot, I've seen no story.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

CSmythe

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 07:50:31 PM »
Finished it a couple of days ago and all in all I had a good time with it though I doubt I will bother with the rest of the series.

The game is story heavy at the begining and end, if you want more story then that it is optional. It comes out when you talk to Elika throughout the game.

I wasn't thrilled with the ending, it seemed pretty contrived to me and certainly not on par with the ending, or the level of story telling in SoT.

Final impression is that it is a fun game, but rent don't buy. It only takes about 6 hours to finish, I suppose their is more game to be had if you want to go back and hunt down every last light seed but frankly I don't see the point of redoing the same puzzles over and over to collect the orbs.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 09:34:24 PM »
I finished the game a few months ago. I wasn't such a huge fan of the ending, but man, it was fun to play. The entire game has a very relaxed atmosphere. Great controls, pretty graphics, but not frustratingly hard. It's not really "hard" at all. I like that about it.

Occasionally I boot it up to collect some light seeds, just for a change of pace. Quite relaxing.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

goldlief

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »
Prince of Persis is a very good video game.I love to play this game.Its really very enjoyable game.

*spam deleted*
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:17:55 PM by Brenna »